• View topic - All time top ten singles
Login

  • Advertisement

All time top ten singles

This forum gives you the opportunity to share your experiences with others.
Make the ordinary extra ordinary...join the forum now
Forum rules
This forum welcomes contributions from you if you have something to share about your everyday experience, it might be something about your job or it might be about an ambition or a particular experience that stands out as a challenge, achievement, disappointment!
  • Author
    Message

All time top ten singles

Postby donna » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 pm

name your favourite all-time top ten singles ( or album tracks ), maybe comment as to why the record means so much to you, you can dip in and out of this, reviewing and revising your selection, could be interesting to see how many times the same record appears. good luck because its not as easy as you think. im off to do some researching.
User avatar
donna
Support
Support
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:45 am
Has thanked: 117 times
Have thanks: 153 times

Advertisement

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby steveizy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 pm

I'll have a stab :)

1) Stairway to Heaven... Because I love it and it reminds me so much of my first real;) girlfriend who had to play it all the time. In 200 years from now, this will still be a classic..
2) Bohemian Rhapsody... what can you say! another 200yr classic!
3) Lay lady lay... The best of Bob - so cool!
4) No Woman - No cry... The Wailers must have been the best backing singers in history. I still get a tingle when I hear their beautiful voices! Bob Marley was good too!
5) I'm not in love... well I was! and that slow dance might have revealed my feelings, oops :o
6) Starman... I was word-perfect on this!
7) Cool for Cats... just haunting, when I hear this, it just lingers in my mind for ages.
8) My Way... Possibly because it rings true.
9) Unforgettable... I grew up with this music and Nat was King.
10) Metal Guru... My sister was a big T-Rex fan in those days. RIP Marc.

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
steveizy
Support
Support
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Have thanks: 483 times
Highscores: 2

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby goodtimesdisco » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:28 pm

-In no particular order
-always look on the bright side of life Monty python
-so this is Christmas john Lennon
-Jealous guy by Brian Ferry
-Da Da Da buy some German band
-In the summer time by Mungo Gerry
-Girls Girls Girls By Sailor the Dutch Band
-White Wedding by Billy Idol
-I'm not in love 10cc
-walk like an Egyptian by the bangles
-sunny afternoon the kinks
Rock n roll

Thing is now Ive looked back into my past and listed my top 10 singles.
It's dawned on me that I have more years to look back over than i have to look forward to
How morbid but sadly a fact
"C'est la vie".
kind regards
Big al

For this message the author goodtimesdisco has received thanks:
dub
goodtimesdisco
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 26
Images: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:16 pm
Has thanked: 208 times
Have thanks: 104 times

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby zuluhotel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:16 pm

:arrow: Wizzard - see my baby jive
:arrow: Abba - WaterLoo
:arrow: Davi Essex - Gonna make you a star
:arrow: Suzi Quatro - Can the Can
:arrow: Hot Chocolate - Every 1s a winner
:arrow: Smokie- Living next door to Alice
:arrow: Sweet - Ballroom Blitz
:arrow: Blondie - Denise Denise
:arrow: KC & the sunshine band That's the Way (I like it)
:arrow: Don Mclean Vincent
:arrow: Jackson 5 - I'll be there
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

For this message the author zuluhotel has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
zuluhotel
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 15
Images: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:53 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Have thanks: 13 times

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby steveizy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks Big Al and zuluhotel, some great ones there that got me nostalgically u-tubing!

Living next door to Alice and White Wedding come out tops for me and I'm adding them to my list! Now my top 12 and growing!

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
steveizy
Support
Support
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Have thanks: 483 times
Highscores: 2

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby dub » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks Steve
My list starts here
1. danny devitto - Jack the Peddler
2. danny devitto - Rainbows End
3. danny devitto - Just for Today
4. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
5. George Michael's - Careless Whisper
6. XTC - 12345
User avatar
dub
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 171
Images: 16
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:23 am
Has thanked: 3218 times
Have thanks: 408 times
Highscores: 1

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby Mary » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Meat Loaf, Bat out of Hell :o
Alice Cooper, Schools Out :shock:
Canned Heat, On the road again :?
Muddy waters, Hoochie Coochie Man :mrgreen:
John Lee Hooker, Boom Boom :P
Chuck Berry, No Particular place to go 8-)
Louis Armstrong, What a Wonderful world ;)
Patsy Cline, Crazy :shock:
Bo Diddley, Mona :roll:
Travelin Light, JJ Cale :P
an that just for starters :lol:

For this message the author Mary has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
Mary
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 40
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Have thanks: 24 times

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby donna » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 pm

White Riot....the clash...I was 17 and knew punk would change my life
Dancing Queen......ABBA..I love this song, I was 17 and still knew a change was a coming, lol
Going Underground.......The Jam...Best song live
User avatar
donna
Support
Support
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:45 am
Has thanked: 117 times
Have thanks: 153 times

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby giai » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 am

1) Simply Red Holding Back the Years
2) Simply Red How Could I Fall
3) Marvin Gaye I Heard it Through The Grape Vine
4) John Lennon Imagine
5) John Lennon Happy Christmas (War Is Over) :P

For this message the author giai has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
giai
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: Kilkenny
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 4 times

Re: All time top ten singles

Postby lal » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 pm

1.Pops Staples World In Motion
2.Hugh MaseKela Con Mucho Carino
3. Bhundu Boys Jit Jive
3. Bebe & Cece Winans Addictive Love
4.Bhundu Boys ByeByeStembi
5.Gregory Issacs Each Day
6.Gnaahh Joe Satriani

For this message the author lal has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
lal
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 11
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 9 times

Next

Return to >>>A day in a life !