• View topic - Pat Ritter. Books
Login

  • Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books


An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
    Message

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 am

I had a good day yesterday with writing the story. I've almost completed chapter 4 and at this rate am ahead. This story is unfolding better than I ever expected. The flow continues to create the story as a storyteller exercise which I want to pursue.

Tell it as it is - enjoy what I'm doing and therefore the readers should enjoy it also.

Yesterday Bundy and Kate drove to Mrs Clayton's home but before going to the home Bundy wanted to retrace the steps Peter Clayton took on that faithful day he disappeared. Kate shows him the direction he would've walked from his home to the overhead railway bridge.

Bundy asked Kate to step out the distance which is does. He doesn't let on it's only an exercise of trust between the two to show him she's working with him and not against him. She queries his reason for wanting her to take the steps and he discloses to her because he wanted her to do it.

She reminds him - SHE is the BOSS!

Wait until tomorrow and I'll share with you where this story goes.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Over the past couple of days I've been a little slack with writing. It's not I haven't wanted to - it's because I had other engagements to keep me away from writing. Now I'm back.

Half way through chapter 5 when Bundy warms to Mrs Clayton. They speak openly about their lost loves and ways they each dealt with their loss. Kate in the meantime sits and ponders how this is going to help to find 'Peter'. Mrs Clayton reassures Kate her son still lives but has no idea where he is. She continues to feel his presents.

Bundy continues to follow his instincts about the investigation and many thoughts are repeated over and over in his mind. Like the time he investigated the old man who for forty years continued to sexual interfere with children aged around Peter's age and younger. After Bundy arrested this person many mothers telephoned to thank him, the man interfered with them when they were a tender age.

His mind is set to find 'Peter'. How, at this stage he doesn't know.

Wait until tomorrow to find out his and Kate's strategy.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Yesterday my friend Al Place from England suggested I join Indie Writers Unite. I did so. Indie writers are authors similar to myself. They love to write and now with ebook self-publishing can sell their books across the world.

If you want to join - go to facebook page 'Indie Writers Unite' to become a member.

Back to 'The Proposition'. Alright I'm guilty of author's laziness. Yes, me of all people have a day or perhaps two days off. It's not a sin but I can't have too many more days off because I'll get behind in my schedule.

Yesterday I got so hooked up in promoting my books time ran out to add another couple of paragraphs to chapter 5. Don't worry it's coming together well. You see I'm writing this book, not with a plan, but whatever comes out of my mind at the time. It's exciting to express my thoughts in conversation with different characters in the story. It's as if I'm there myself in the story which is scary.

Today I'm off to Pomona Writers Group to read my story I wrote on 'Esmeralda'. It's a corker and can't wait to read it to the members.

So tomorrow I promise to get back on track to 'The Proposition' if it kills me.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
Becky, dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 pm

You will be pleased to know I'm back on-track with 'The Proposition'. Half way through chapter five and going well as could be at this stage.

Mary (Mrs Clayton) mother of missing lad Peter, shares with Bundy and Kate her thoughts on the final day she saw her son leave home and walk to the overhead railway bridge to the railway station to board a train to take him to his grandmother's home two stops further north up the line.

She describes the day as the same as any other day when he left home to walk through the paddock, which is now a huge shopping centre, her last sight of him was when he walked onto the footpath toward the overhead railway bridge.

He was never sighted again and that was eight years ago. In the meantime she knows in her mother's heart he continues to live but has no idea where. Her husband of twenty-five years suffered a heart attack worrying about the whereabouts of his son and died two years previous.

Now you are up-to-date with the latest, you need to wait until tomorrow to find out the next step Bundy and Kate take in their endeavours to find the lad who is now twenty years old.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Bundy wants to introduce Kate to his old friend Quincy Simpson, the forensic scientist who helped Bundy solve many investigations in his day as a detective. Kate is a little stand-offish about this meeting because she claims the police service has many forensic scientists who do a great job.

In the end she succumbs to Bundy's wishes and he takes Kate to visit his old friend who is retired and lives on a property in the hills. Quincy is pleased to see Bundy once again and thoroughly pleased to meet Kate. He can't wipe the smile from his face.

They sit on the front verandah and look out across the undulating hills surrounding Quincy's property. His wife prepares afternoon tea and seves to her guests. By this time Quincy and Bundy are reminising about their days as investigators sharing their past experiences, laughing at a bygone era with Kate.

Kate tries to be a part of their conversation but it's the old boys club verses the new student. How did she ever become a Detective Superintendent - she ponders.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out what Bundy and Quincy talk about.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, jakenetillak
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:50 pm

I have a confession to make. Over the past couple of days I haven't been able to continue writing chapter 5. I know it's no excuse but unforseen circumstances have evolved and I promise to finish chapter five tomorrow.

Last week my daughter told me life at times becomes unbalanced and hopefully my life will return to an equillibrium in the near future. I love writing this book and storyline and I know it will be a great book for readers.

Sorry about the lapse but as I promised I'll be back to it tomorrow.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, jakenetillak
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby dub » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:15 pm

patritter wrote:I have a confession to make. Over the past couple of days I haven't been able to continue writing chapter 5. I know it's no excuse but unforseen circumstances have evolved and I promise to finish chapter five tomorrow.

Last week my daughter told me life at times becomes unbalanced and hopefully my life will return to an equillibrium in the near future. I love writing this book and storyline and I know it will be a great book for readers.

Sorry about the lapse but as I promised I'll be back to it tomorrow.

Me thinks that your happiness and the fact that you gain a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment from your writing (as do others) is key factor in achieving the balance in question ?
health happiness and wealth
:mz
User avatar
dub
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 171
Images: 16
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:23 am
Has thanked: 3218 times
Have thanks: 408 times
Highscores: 1

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. You are right - I love to write and particular books like the one I'm presently writing. It's a joy to let the words flow like a waterfall and tell a story. I'm pleased you like these segments on 'how I write and my reasons for writing'. :thanks

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Today it's back on track to the book. Sorry about the past couple of days. Today I'll complete chapter 5 with Bundy, Kate and Quincy agreeing to work together to find Peter Clayton.

Quincy and Bundy explain to Kate how they worked together on investigations when Bundy was a detective. She appeared overawed by their experience and now understood why The Commissioner had asked Bundy for his help. They were like two tigers hungry to attack.

Kate took them through her investigations over the past eight years to get-them-up-to-date. Quincy's experience as a forensic scientist also protracted him into investigation work. They brainstormed their ideas.

Wait until tomorrow to find out what solutions they made.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Bundy wants to introduce Kate to his old friend Quincy Simpson, the forensic scientist who helped him solve many investigations in his day as a detective. Kate is a little stand-offish about this meeting because she claims the police service has many forensic scientists who do a great job.

In the end she succumbs to Bundy's wishes and he takes Kate to visit his old friend who is retired and lives on a property in the hills. Quincy is pleased to see Bundy once again and thoroughly pleased to meet Kate. He can't wipe the smile from his face.

They sit on the front verandah and look out across the undulating hills surrounding Quincy's property. His wife prepares afternoon tea and serves to her guests. By this time Quincy and Bundy are reminising about their days as investigators sharing their past experiences, laughing at a bygone era with Kate.

Kate tries to be a part of their conversation but it's the old boys club verses the new student. How did she ever become a Detective Superintendent - she ponders.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out what Bundy and Quincy talk about.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter



cron