• View topic - Pat Ritter. Books
Login

  • Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books


An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
    Message

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:36 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 33:

The Once & Future King

Two kookaburras sat on a branch in an old gum tree when they laughed at the news of the recent birth of Prince George Alexander Louie of Cambridge.
One laughed to the other, ‘do you remember when Prince George’s father was born?’
‘To right I do – thirty-one years ago. I remember as if it was yesterday. I think at the time we were perched here on this same branch.’ He laughed.
‘You may be right old friend. Let me think, yes, I think we were perched on this same branch those many years ago.’ The other kookaburra laughed. His thoughts returned to the day when Prince Charles and Princess Diana carried Prince William from the hospital stairs to their waiting vehicle.
‘She’s a beauty – Princess Katherine – don’t you think?’ The other kookaburra laughed.
‘You bet ya. Prince William chose a good one when he chose her. When do you think Prince William will be King of England?’ He asked with a laugh.
‘After Queen Elizabeth passes on; she can’t have too long to go, but don’t forget her mother lived on and Prince Charles to be King of England – I feel sorry for Prince George because by the look of things – he’ll be an old man before he became King of England, don’t you think?’ He laughed.
‘Suppose you’re right. We’ll be dead and buried beneath this gum tree before Prince George becomes the future King of England. Hope he doesn’t stutter like his great great grandfather did.’
‘If he does than they’d need to have another Australian to help him, won’t they. We did a wonderful job to get him to speak properly.’ The other kookaburra laughed.
‘Malcolm Turnbull may be our Prime Minister and with him at the helm, he wants Australia to become independent from Royalty.’ He laughed.
‘Fancy President Malcolm being the Leader of Australia, what would we do without our Royal Family,’ laughed the other kookaburra.
‘We’ll never know our future King George – would we?’ Replied the other kookaburra, they sat on the branch in silence pondering their thoughts of the future King of England.
HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642. ENJOY!
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Advertisement

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:18 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 34:

The Spare Room

Sam sighted from his bedroom, the door to the spare room closed. Wonder what’s behind the door, echoed in his mind.
Far back as he remembered, no person had been in the spare room, his parents forbid him to open the door. His imagination ran wild, a dead body perhaps? My parent’s treasure chest hidden, he pondered.
Curiosity one day would get the better of Sam’s imagination; until the day arrived he would abide by his parent’s wishes and not open the door to the spare room.
A decade past to find Sam now an adult, his mind fixed on his future. He remembered the first he saw the door to the spare room, it’d never been opened. Should he confront his parents to ask what’s behind the green door?
His decision to confront his parents about this secret began by sitting beside his mother on the lounge.
Sam wanted the truth about the secret behind the door of the spare room?
‘Mother,’ Sam said in a quiet and non-evasive voice, ‘can you tell me why you haven’t opened the door to the spare room. I’m old enough.’
His mother burst into tears, covered her face with her hands and openly sobbed.
Sam immediately apologised for breeching the subject. Must be important if his mother cried, he thought.
She stopped sobbing, wiped her eyes with a tissue, tears trickling down her smooth face and said, ‘your bother was four when he fell into the river and drowned.’
Sam’s face changed to stone. Focused on his mother, he wasn’t aware he had a brother; he thought he was an only child. He smiled at his mother without speaking the words.
His voice not much louder than a whisper, ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ He asked.
‘Your father and I didn’t want to upset you. Daniel was a good boy – a long time ago. I never want to forget him. His room is the same as when he left and always will be.’ She explained.
‘Can I see it please?’ Sam pleaded.
‘I suppose, I’ve kept the room clean and tidy knowing Daniel’s spirit is around.’ Sam’s mother explained.
They walked to the door of the spare room, Sam motioned to his mother when he placed his hand on the door knob to open it, and she nodded. Sam turned the door knob, opened the door, a replica of his own bedroom.
TO PURCHASE MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER' CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:03 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 35:

The Thing Of Beauty – Is A Joy Forever

Love is a thing of beauty and can be a joy forever depending on the meaning.
For instance, I love to write. In fact I need to write daily. Writing is like a tonic otherwise I let me down.
Words flow from my mind, travel to my fingertips onto the keyboard displayed on the computer screen recording my thoughts. At times I need to pinch myself to see how real it is to live my dream.
After I reflect on when I started to write, I suppose I need to go back to my teenage years. In English class, sub-junior at Sandgate High School; I’d written what I thought an appropriate composition; the words were similar as if I’d spoken them. The teacher remarked ‘I had a gift for writing – I wrote the way I spoke which is unique’. I didn’t have the slightest understanding of what he meant.
Travel forward many years when I battled demons within to believe in what I wrote. Often these demons overtook my self belief leaving me with a wish never to write again, or if good enough.
With any lost love, after careful consideration of a missed love, I refocused again on writing.
My mind filled with ideas of ‘what I wanted to write’, I continued to not believe in my ability as a writer.
Hungry to be a successful writer, hung like a dark shadow in the depths of my mind. Is it possible I will ever be a writer, or publish my work, carried these negative thoughts?
Like a love for anything we do, I continued to dig deep into my subconscious to make my writing successful. Week after week, day after day, hour after hour, I continued to write developing a loving relationship with writing.
After twenty-five years of writing I can now say I am a successful author.
It was love at first sight when I fell in love with writing at age fourteen years? At the time I neither had the tools nor the love of writing to succeed.
After writing and publishing twelve novels, stories, and other material, I consider the love of writing and I have a successful marriage. A few bumps along the way as with any marriage. We’ve celebrated our silver jubilee and continue to foster a better understanding of our love for one another which I indeed hope will last forever.
HAVE YOU PURCHASED MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642. A GREAT AUSSIE YARN!
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:24 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 36:

Was It Something I Said?

You can please some of the people some of the time, but almost impossible, to please all the people all of the time. A number of people will disagree with what you want to do; to each their own.
At different times my mind races with ideas and dreams. I don’t want to solve the world’s problems but I love solving problems which affect me. In other words, I love my life to run smooth. Not all of the time I succeed, many outside my control and therefore I’m behind the eight ball to solve them.
Another issue I possess ‘being too slow in my mind’ to make instant decisions. At the time they handed out the quick thinking pill, I didn’t receive any, making me a slow thinker.
Each time I experience an issue which I discover outside my scope of solving, I switch off and ignore the issue will go away. I’m not a coward, probably because I’m unable to think quickly on my feet the boat has left the dock, before I can see a solution to the issue.
At times I think my intellect to be slow. Been slow all of my life, when I try to understand what another person wants. Do they want me to ‘take the reins’ and speak my mind: turn the other cheek and ignore what they said.
I admit to ‘speaking out of turn’ many times in conversation with another person. Perhaps what I’d said caused this other person to shy away from me. I don’t know. Being a mind reader perhaps I would understand what the other person wanted.
A recent story comes to mind. For many years I visited an elderly lady, aged in her eighties, at her home and sat with her having a cup of tea and sharing our stories. This went on for five years. We become friends or I thought we had bondage of trust developed between us.
All was going well until an incident happened when I left my thirteen years old grandson in her care whilst I visited the doctor. She agreed for him to stay with her.
After the visit, I returned and everything appeared normal. She never said anything. I thanked her for keeping an eye on my grandson and left.
The next day I heard on the town grapevine this elderly lady thought it was outrageous to leave my grandson with her whilst I visited the doctor.
Obviously it ‘was something I said’ to cause this person to act in the way she did. I haven’t spoken or visited her home since.
HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 37:

What Is This Thing Called Love

Love between a mother and son is powerful. I’d like to share a recent story which occurred between a mother and her son. Mother is a single-mother working fulltime, her son, a thirteen year old who she loves more than anything else in the world.
In return the son also loves his mother beyond belief. They are a two person family for over twelve months since the mother separated from her partner after six year duration. Father of the son keeps in contact and is in a relationship with another woman. He has visitation rights each fortnight when the son stayed with him and his partner for the weekend.
Six months ago mother and son decided to leave the city to live in the country on her father’s farm. Suitable accommodation was built for this small family. The son attends the local country school and mother obtained work nearby. Everything appeared to be rosy.
Conflict began between mother and son causing disobedience by the son to his mother and people nearby. His school work decreased; friends became enemies, the son displayed disobedience with a no care attitude.
This became disheartening for the mother who didn’t know what to do about the behaviour of her son. She loved him more than anything else in the world but at the end of her tether of what to do.
Out of frustration she spoke with her father who witnessed his grandson’s unusual behaviour and isn’t very proud of what his grandson was doing to his mother.
After careful consideration a decision is made between mother and grandfather that if the son didn’t improve he should be taken to his father’s place and left there never to return to his home on the farm. There is no other alternative available to these two people.
At a confrontation between the parties involved; a proclamation is made to the son highlighting his behaviour and pattern of life he was heading. Lack of self-discipline and discipline were outlined to him.
This small talk was water off a duck’s back to see the son hadn’t taken any notice of this proclamation. The grandfather gave an ultimatum to his grandson he is willing to take the child to his father’s home where he would never see him again if he didn’t desist with this behaviour.
The grandson had two choices, one to continue on the pathway he is presently on or to alter his behaviour and change. This was his choice.
After a lengthy dialogue between mother and son, he, the son decided to change his behaviour and to ‘get back on track’ with his life.
In the end I believe the answer to this decision lay in ‘what is this called love’ which changed the son’s behaviour.
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642. GREAT AUSSIE YARN!

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 38:

What’s Next?

I’m a member of Australian Authors Association. This year the association celebrated fifty years of publication; quite a milestone in the field of publishing a magazine to help Australian authors.
In April edition 2013 headlines read ’50 Years Serving Australia’s Literary Creators’. Their first meeting held in 1963 at Federation House, Sydney.
The Association’s office was at the home of Jill Hellyer until 1971 when the Association moved to 252 George Street, Sydney sharing an office with Australian Copyright Council. This sharing provided Australian authors protection through copyright laws for the future.
By 1993 the Association held their first seminar on Electronic Publishing and Writing which if it wasn’t for this establishment of rules made at this seminar our future as Australian authors would’ve been in jeopardy.
Many of the problems of Australian authors arose from ignorance such as Public Lending Rights, for instance, if there were no writers, there would be no publishers and no publishers would mean any bookstores.
After fifty years the Association now asked ‘what’s next?’
No doubt publishing over this last half a century has changed so much for the author. Unless an established publisher published your book there were few other avenues to publish.
Two choices were available - one if the author wanted to go alone and self-publish or second use a vanity publisher.
Along came the digital revolution - digital books. Who would have thought fifty years ago an author could write a book on a computer at his own home, design a cover, copyright the book, obtain a ISBN and publish the book on internet for customers to purchase from around the world by simply selecting the book, make payment, download the book onto a e-reader and read the book.
Imagine if the idea was raised in 1963 at the initial meeting of the Association. Who ever mentioned it would’ve been laughed out of the meeting and told never to return.
Digital publication is now the norm. Any author from anywhere in the world can write a book, upload it onto the internet sell their book to any person on the globe. What’s next you may ask?
My role as an author is to write as many books possible in my lifetime to ‘get them out there’ into cyberspace to reach customers wherever they may be.
My goal is to write a novel per year. There has never been a better opportunity for an author than there is at present to publish their writing for circulation throughout the world.
HAVE YOU PURCHASED MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? CLICK HERE: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642. GREAT AUSSIE YARN!

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:10 am

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 39:

What’s In A Name?

Take my name for instance. Pat Ritter. I’m proud of my name. This wasn’t my name when I grew up. Everyone called me Paddy Ritter and many of my friends since childhood still call me ‘Paddy’ instead of Pat.
Another name bestowed upon me ‘Tex’. How this name came to be - a story in itself. In 1975 I gained my designation as a detective in Queensland Police Service.
Before I arrived at Dalby Criminal Investigation Branch, my personal particulars arrived before I did; my initials T P Ritter. My new boss Detective Sergeant Lionel Bacchi recognised the initial ‘T’ and said, ‘this fellow must be ‘Tex’ and for the remainder of my career spanning twenty years I became ‘Tex’ Ritter.
In real life I became Pat Ritter. When I published my first book, reading the author Pat Ritter looked great! I always use my brand ‘Pat Ritter’. My e-mail address, same as my website, facebook page, and other electronic pages I use.
Pat Ritter is my brand. I’m proud to use this name. I want my brand name ‘Pat Ritter’ to be identified in as many places as possible so if a person reads the name this will trigger them to search for my books.
Each year I attend WriteFest, a writing conference for authors to meet and share their knowledge of writing. At this conference various workshops, one such workshop was ‘brand’. The facilitator expressed how important to create your own ‘brand’
From then on I use my name as a brand. Take the brand ‘Coca-cola’ for instance. This brand since time began and continues to grow because customers identify with the brand. Same as many other brand names which reach their customers to purchase their brand or name.
Imagine if ‘Pat Ritter’ spread throughout the globe as a brand whenever a reader saw the name they’d go to my books and purchase them. Wouldn’t it be wonderful? Daily I work on spreading this brand to all corners of the globe through facebook and other programmes on the internet.
I commence with my website http://www.patritter.com.au to advertise where readers can locate my books. Daily I post a page from a book written and published by me into a group ‘keeping up with my writing’ on facebook, also enter the same page on my author page on facebook and another on a separate website which contains almost one million members.
What’s in a name is important to spread-the-word as a brand as my name ‘Pat Ritter’ so when anyone reads the name they identify with the brand and name.
HAVE YOU READ MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642. ENJOY!

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Thank you dub great to hear from you again. Here is the page for today: 'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 40:

When The Boat Comes In

I’m a gambler, gambled on horseracing, bingo, anything which takes my fancy to increase my chances of winning. Over the past couple of years I’ve focused my gambling to win lotto.
When my boat comes in, I’ll tell you my boat will come in as long as I believe the numbers I’ve chosen will fall in any order in one game. Daily my thoughts fill with numbers chosen in the games for these numbers to materialise.
My reason for believing my boat will come in; they appear in my mind, as I stroke them off one at a time from each game. My faith’s strong to believe this will happen.
I not only depend on this belief, I have a game plan. Weekly lotto played each Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Each game recorded on the internet showing the number of times each number’s been drawn.
The plan derived: select twelve games to play each time lotto’s drawn. Print all numbers previously played in the particular game to be played.
Starting from game number 1 to 12 I select the number most drawn and play this number in each game. I complete the coupon by selecting the numbers from most drawn to least drawn together with the most drawn number.
Okay you may think I’m stupid. Perhaps you’re right. The old saying: to win – you’ve got to play. I know winning lotto’s a game of chance and with chance you need to possess a ton of luck.
Luck, I understand. To give myself a better chance of winning I believe I could’ve fallen upon the right formula. I only need to win once; odds of winning first prize unimaginable. I would be happy to win first prize once.
Each time I’m checking off the numbers from the drawn games, what surprises me most, the number of times the most favoured number falls. All I need to do continue selecting these numbers from most favoured to least favoured eventually from all of the games I play, my boat will come in. I can’t wait!
HAVE YOU READ MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 41:

Which Way Is Up

Life at times can be tough. Imagine the mind of a thirteen year old lad whose parents couldn’t live with each other decided to go their separate ways. The lad went with his mother and each fortnight visited his father for the weekend.
Under tough times both the lad and his mother couldn’t cope with city life and moved to the country to try and work their lives into a better position. At first everything appeared to be working until the lad started to develop issues with his teenage years.
His school work became affected, his self-esteem broken because he was unable to make friends easily. His home life and relationship with his mother became strained and difficult to work out between the two parties.
Issue number one: what to do? Issue number two: how to get this teenager back on track to enjoy his life. Issue number three: to create a better loving and working relationship between mother and son.
His mother tried everything from threatening the lad with punishment to taking away his games, television and other important items of importance. Nothing worked.
The lad lacked motivation and desire to succeed. His demeanour – self centred and righteous, only he knew what he wanted and that was to party with so called friends and stay out until hours beyond curfew time taking no responsibility for his actions.
Threatening the lad to live permanently with his father didn’t make any difference. The mother was at the end of her rope and didn’t know what to do. She asked herself, ‘which way is up?’
Should she allow her son to do what he wants and if he got into trouble to get his own way out? Like, give him sufficient rope to hang himself. She honestly didn’t know what to do about this situation.
Her decision to move to the country was to give them both a better chance at life; be closer to family; make new friends; enjoy a new lifestyle. Unfortunately after six months, nothing changed and the thought echoed in the mother’s mind, ‘which way is up?’
Who is responsible for the lad’s behaviour? Either his mother or himself, what can be done to make the situation resolve itself?
His mother has a responsibility to raise her child the best way she knows how with parenting skills she has. On the other hand the teenager is responsible to understand what his mother is going through and to help when he can.
Their situation hit a stalemate or rock bottom in their relationship, the only direction for each of them to consider is: which way is up?
HAVE YOU READ MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:33 pm

'Captivating OMR Stories' - Page 42:

Why Oh Why

Driving away from Tuesday Writer’s Group Meeting I pushed the radio button on my car for the latest news headlines. Much to my dismay words spoke of two bombs exploding at the finish line of Boston Marathon. Two people dead, one an eight year old boy, over one hundred and thirty people injured.
Why of why should this happen in our world? No Australian injured. My heart went out to those persons who’d suffered or lost their life.
By the time I arrived home to the midday news, television cameras flashed across the screen showing the devastation. One member of the public told a reporter when the noise of the bomb exploded he saw human limbs pass him detached from bodies.
A seventy year old participant male near the finish line, when one of the bombs exploded on the sidewalk near him, the blast so severe the force landed him on the ground.
Why of why would someone want to blow up other people at an annual marathon event? Wasn’t it enough September eleven 2001 when two aeroplanes devastated New York by smashing into their Twin Towers causing destruction beyond belief?
From that moment onwards Governments across the world have attacked Terrorism in an attempt to try and stop the murders of innocent people.
Until this week I thought the authorities were on top of this unnecessary destruction. Now ‘Boston Marathon’ will be forever entrenched into our history.
At time of writing this story no group have admitted responsibility to the bombing. Authorities investigating the type of bomb used; how it was manufactured; any evidence to show who planted the bombs.
Preliminary investigations show the bombs were home made; more likely downloaded from the internet to show what to use to assemble a bomb. Steel ball bearing, nails and gunpowder used to build the bomb to cause most damage when ignited.
Why of why should any human being ever think of constructing and delivering such destruction on the people of the world I’ll never know.
HAVE YOU PURCHASED MY LATEST BOOK 'THE SHEARER'? HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/395642.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter