• View topic - Pat Ritter. Books
Login

  • Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books


An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
    Message

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 40:

A Family Gathering

Once a month over the past couple of years I’ve been visiting my daughter and grandson in Brisbane. One of these visits, I noticed her lifestyle had changed and being a concerned parent wanted the best for them.
On my visit last month, we sat and spoke about her lifestyle. She cried and sobbed; through tears of sobbing admitted she’d had enough and didn’t know how to cope. She wanted to come home to the farm.
My heart went out to her; I cuddled her, wrapped my arms around her shoulders and told her everything would be fine. She stopped sobbing. We shared a moment and if I’d had a magic wand I would’ve waved it to solve her immediate problems. Understandably I couldn’t.
I live at Brooloo a small community of less than one hundred people. Gympie is our nearest town. My daughter is employed by Coles. One thing I must say is once she understands what she needs to do; she does the best she can to accomplish what she wants.
Once a decision was made, she telephoned the manager of Coles Gympie requesting a position at his store. Immediately he accepted her as an employee.
Stage one complete. Stage two began with the transfer of my grandson from Brisbane to Mary Valley State College at Imbil.
Within a week from discussing my proposal of her moving to the farm, she’d been transferred in her job; my grandson was transferred to Mary Valley College.
Where were they going to live? For the short term they’ve taken residence in my home. Through discussions, my daughter decided she wanted to build comfortable accommodation in a shed on my property for them to live. I agreed.
My son and his wife and their two children live opposite on their farm. When my daughter and grandson moved to the farm to live in my home; the family gathered. I immediately knew how important it was they all are together again.
From the beginning I wanted to help my daughter and grandson re-settle into a new environment and to be comfortable; more importantly to get on with their lives.
After listening to my plan; each agreed it should be left to me to finish the task. The whole family will be together again. I can see my late wife smile down from heaven. She always wanted the family together.
PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/67699TO DISCOVER WHAT TYPE OF DRUG YOUR TEENAGER COULD BE TAKING.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Advertisement

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 41:

Turning Point

From age six years old, I always wanted to become a real life detective. Don’t ask me ‘why’. Each time something strange happened in our neighbourhood instinct overrode my mind – always looking for an answer and question ‘why’.
For instance, at eighteen years old, a friend told me a story of being involved in a traffic accident. Instincts ricocheted through my mind to tell me he was the driver. He denied it. I knew he lied.
Many other similar incidents occurred before I turned twenty-one years old when I fulfilled my lifetime dream of becoming a real life detective. On 28th August 1970 I became a constable with Queensland Police Force.
My first posting, began as a Plain Clothes Constable with the State Licensing Branch. Fortunately my dream did come to fruition; however my duties did not include the role of a true detective. I became an undercover agent whilst the true detective arrested the people from whom I obtained evidence.
Three years later I began my dream as a detective in the criminal investigation branch. Each day I investigated crime and bought the offender to justice. I loved being a detective.
Do you believe it takes a detective five years to earn their stripes? In this time they need to investigate many hideous crimes and constantly give evidence in a court of law.
I remember well my turning point in earning my stripes. Two scoundrels thought they would escape the law after breaking into a golf club. Before they completed their task, they left in a hurry to leave behind vital evidence which proved their presence at the scene of the crime.
Both denied the offence when questioned. Each element of the charge needed to be proven as circumstantial evidence. This is to prove they were at the crime scene and committed the crime without their admission.
This was a turning point in my career to gather sufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt these two scoundrels committed the offence of break and enter of the golf club.
Proof of soil samples found at the crime scene, matched the dirt on the soles of their shoes. Evidence from witnesses who heard them admit the offence; proved circumstantial evidence they were the persons who broke into the golf club and stole property.
This turning point opened doors I could never have imagined. This gave me an instant pathway in criminal investigation procedures which I never thought possible.
PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114 TO DISCOVER HOW YOUNG PEOPLE CAN REACH THEIR GOALS.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Thank you Carol. Here is the page for today: 'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 42:

And So It Came To Pass

A friend and I have taken the same numbers for Saturday night lotto since 1982. Over thirty years. To date a prize greater than 4th division hasn’t been won. My friend tells me eventually we will win as long as we don’t give up our dream.
Winning lotto is a dream I’ve had since the game commenced. Dreams of seeing my numbers fall into the tube. Winning lotto would make a difference to my life. Money is important in everyday living. I suspect if my numbers did fall into the tube, the result would be exciting even if the amount wasn’t as much as I desired.
Many times, almost daily, I see my numbers on a Saturday lotto draw fall into the tube. If they did fall, I would accept the result whatever may be the consequences and visualise what I would do with the prizemoney.
Naturally my friend would receive half. With the remainder here is a formula. On numbers similar to the ones my friend and I take, our prize may be $550,000.00; which equates to an 8th of the total $4,000,000.00 from the pool. My share would be $275,000.00 which is nothing to scoff at.
Divided amongst my children and partner; myself gaining the lion’s share of the money, I would end up with $125,000.00 to do with as I wish.
First, I would carry out repairs and renovations to my home and property – build a rear patio; improved roadway; fencing; water connections and painting. After serious consideration I may upgrade my motor vehicle. If I need to get rid of a bit of cash then so be it.
Placing the law of averages in their rightful place, together with Murphy’s Law; whatever will happen – will happen; our numbers could fall in any Saturday draw of lotto. The longer we take these same numbers; gives us a better chance of winning.
It’s exciting to think of what may happen? We have no control of the outcome, but you’ve got to be in it to win it. And so it came to pass I continue to take lotto to fulfil my dream of seeing my numbers fall down the tube.
When this event happens, I must share with you how happy I would be and more important to share my winnings with my friend and family members. In the meantime I will never give up hope of winning.
I’m a good person and I feel luck will be with me to win Saturday night lotto at sometime in the future.
PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/95766TO READ MY BEST SELLING BOOK.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 43:

Déjà Vu

At ten years old, my first memory of visiting Charleville, a country town seven hundred and fifty-eight kilometres west from Brisbane, seeing a particular type of scrub which grew in small bushes across the landscape; mixed with red coloured soil similar to a desert; flat land as far as the eye could see. My grandparents lived in the town at the time.
On arriving at Charleville by train, my grandparents met me at the railway station. In those times steam engine puffed smoke sending fragments of coal into the carriages. Most passengers, including myself endured blackness around their eyes and mouth.
As I stepped from the carriage onto the platform, a sense of déjà vu encompassed by mind – knowing I’d been on the platform before. This mind set left me when I noticed my grandparents approach and gave me a warm welcome.
A decade later I returned to Charleville, again by train however this time a more modern one since the bygone days of steam. When I stepped from the train and stood on the platform, suddenly my mind returned to a different period to experience I’d been here before.
This feeling wasn’t anything to do with my previous visit; this visit marked a time when the Railway Station was built in 1888. A certain smell devoured my senses providing a strange odour which I never before experienced.
This is difficult to describe, only I’d sensed a similar odour on this particular platform previously and it wasn’t a decade ago. I’d never smelt this odour anywhere else until this time and place. Visions flashed through my mind of knowing I stood in this exact spot before.
I’m not a sceptic; I do admit at times thinking I have lived on earth in some fashion or another. Perhaps if truth be known, I probably lived in 1888 and had something to do with the building of the Charleville Railway Station? I don’t know.
One thing is for certain, each time I step onto the platform at Charleville Train Station; and I’ve done it many times since I was ten years old, my mind flashes a sense of déjà vu. I’ve visited this place before but have no idea when or why?
PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7906TO READ AN EXCITING AND INSPIRATIONAL STORY OF A CELBRITY QUEENSLAND HARNESS RACING PERSONALITY.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:57 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 44:

The Antique Vase

Joseph Banks, the botanist, sailed from his motherland with Captain Cook on the ‘Endeavour’ to discover Australia in 1770. Before departing, his father said presenting Joseph with an antique vase, ‘this has been in our family for generation; keep it to hold a specimen’.
When he boarded the ‘Endeavour’ he stored the vase in a safe place to not fracture or break. To hold such a prize presented from his father overwhelmed his feelings of love and devotion.
On arrival at Botany Bay he discovered various specimens of vegetation, caused Joseph to select one particular specimen to place in the antique vase. This selection he named ‘mulga’, an aboriginal name, taken from the scent of the bush surrounding the area.
On his return to his quarters, he placed a branch of ‘mulga’ in the antique vase. His chest swelled with pride and devotion to his family for presenting him with a family treasure.
On their return to the motherland Joseph couldn’t wait to show his father the antique vase; moreso, the branch of ‘mulga’ tree. His father spoke how proud of his son’s discovery.
Joseph Banks continued on other expeditions, not with Captain Cook but in charge of his own ship.
In early 1800 the ship Banks Captained sunk in the middle of the Indian Ocean along with the antique vase and ‘mulga’ branch from Australia; this being the last resting place of the antique vase.
For another century this antique vase sat at the bottom of the Indian Ocean until discovered by a party of men searching for hidden treasure. The antique vase was finally returned to England and eventually to the Banks family.
In 1999 whilst attending a wake for my late mother-in-law, her brother said to me, ‘you are now the rightful owner of the antique vase.’ My look was one of astonishment.
‘What antique vase?’ I asked. His story of how the antique vase had been in the family before the discovery of Australia, together being on the bottom of the Indian Ocean for a century until returned to the family, was a story of amazement and intrigue.
This antique vase now sits gathering dust on top of a cupboard in my home. If only the antique vase could talk, imagine what a story it could tell.
PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9221TO FIND OUT HOW I ESCAPED THE BIG BLACK HOLE OF DEPRESSION.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:27 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 45:

All’s Well That Ends Well

On reflection, this year’s events; brings to mind one particular problem I’m pleased to say I overcame. In January I experienced a traffic accident; the first in more than forty-five years.
I stopped to wait for another vehicle to make a right hand turn, my vehicle stationary behind this vehicle. Something told me to look in the rear-a-vision mirror; to my horror another motor vehicle approached at a fast speed.
In my imagination, this vehicle either needed to swerve off the road, in a sudden drop on the side of the roadway or crash into the rear of mine. What a strange feeling to know the vehicle within a few second will smash into the rear of your vehicle.
The other vehicle crashed into the rear of my vehicle caused my vehicle to smash into the vehicle in front. On collision with the other vehicle, my vehicle sandwiched. The driver’s seat, slid forward with the rear section collapsing. I was uninjured. Lucky my vehicle had electric seats.
I was more concerned about the driver of the vehicle which crashed into the rear of my vehicle. He appeared uninjured but shocked. His words carried, ‘I’m sorry’ and he started to cry.
My vehicle finished a write-off. I had the vehicle comprehensively insured.
What a surprise I received. Yes, the insurance company did appraise my vehicle. Initially they presented me with a pay-out figure which to me an insult. I immediately gathered sufficient evidence to prove their figures wrong.
After a couple of months of telephone calls; arguing over payments; extra cost of expenses, eventually they paid the amount which I considered was a fair value for my vehicle.
What did I do about another motor vehicle? By chance I visited the wrecking yard where my previous vehicle was housed and saw a vehicle advertised for sale. This was the exact vehicle I needed and I purchased it without going over the budget I’d set to buy another vehicle.
Although I’d experienced a fight on my hand with the insurance company over the true value of my wrote-off vehicle, in the end everything turned out that all’s well that end well. I’m now a happy little vegemite. An important message I learned ‘to never give up’
PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/71550TO READ STORIES I WROTE AT POMONA WRITERS GROUP IN 2010.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:38 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 46:

Fools Rush In

Fools rush in – I relate to this title. Many a time through my life, I’ve rushed into events because I failed of think of the consequences, only to find when I was half way through suddenly things didn’t turn out the exact way I’d portrayed them. Either I ended up with egg on my face or continued to finish what I started with little success.
Yes – I’m over sixty years of age; and probably getting to the point of life when I’m old and grumpy. I don’t want to become grumpy, however, have no choice in slowing down the age barrier.
In essence, I’m a gambler. I believe at the time I rush into anything luck is on my side. My personal belief is ‘whatever I protract will happen the way I want it to be’. And this is why I like the title – ‘Fools Rush In’. This shows my way of doing things.
Memory takes me back to ‘Elvis Presley Special’ when he sang amongst other songs ‘Fools Rush In’. His voice alone portrayed the American dream of a youth raised from lower class to become ‘King of Rock & Roll’.
Further back than I care to remember Elvis’s songs were always on the airways from humble ballads to extreme rock & roll. Elvis beyond doubt was the ‘King of Rock & Roll’ and still retains the title to be remembered forever.
Least of all, in his day, one could understand the songs together with his sweet voice transmitted a vibe through ones body to either smile or dance to the tune.
Today’s music, I’m afraid to admit, not only do I not understand the words of each song nor understand the music. I’m afraid I heard too much of ‘Elvis’ music in my youth to think otherwise.
Perhaps I am becoming old and grumpy and not realise what is happening. To retain my sanity all I need to do is to reflect on my past and visualise Elvis standing playing his guitar wearing the black leather jump suit with his voice singing ‘Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread’ and my world is whole.

SPECIAL NOTICE: THIS IS THE FINAL STORY IN THIS BOOK. IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE 'BRILLIANT OMR STORIES' CLICK ONTO THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/270499 THANK YOU FOR READING THESE STORIES. I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED THEM.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 1:

Because of this time of the year I want to introduce you to a book I wrote almost 20 years ago when I worked as an Alcohol & Drug Counsellor. Part of my time was spent trying to help young people through those hideous years before they gradulated to be an adult. These times are tough on young people especially more today than any other time. Hope you enjoy this book.

Many young people between the ages of 12 years and 19 years came to see me when I was an alcohol and drug counsellor.

Their concerns were a number of reasons, mainly because of varied issues they were experiencing with life in general. These issues would land them in hot water with the authorities and their parents.

I listened to what they had to say and after a time thought about what could be done to assist them with solving these issues. It became a journey of personal experience for them. Information drawn from many areas I’d read and worked was used to help these young people.

I devised a programme workbook for young people to follow and hopefully enrich their lives and help them succeed in their life.
IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 2:

SESSION 1

Let us first look at WHERE AM I NOW! These are examples, such as: unemployed; trouble at home; not enough money; using drugs; trouble with police; and people hate me.

WHERE DO I WANT TO GO? For an example of – unemployed, this could be: get a job. Trouble at home, could be: improve communication. Not enough money could be: learn to save money. Using drugs could be: control drug use. Trouble with police could be: stop getting into trouble; and people hate me could be: start liking yourself.

These are examples I have used however you may want to include or change these as you wish. The principle is the same.

Unfortunately it’s impossible to change everything at once, therefore let’s work on what we can change.

From the examples above I’ve selected four to change. These are: unemployed; using drugs; trouble at home; and people hate me.

Trying to change four of these examples at once is indeed difficult; let’s choose two of the most important ones we can change immediately.

I have chosen – unemployed and using drugs.

Because it’s difficult to change anything in our lives immediately, I strongly suggest you choose only one issue to change at a time. Think about what it is you want to change today.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:00 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 3:

I’ve chosen – unemployed and my focus is – get a job.

How do I get a job? How do I go about doing it?

Learn how to set a goal and achieve the results.

To set any goal it is best to write down your goal on a piece of paper. In other words, the first thing you do is to: write down your goal.

Second, give yourself a deadline to achieve this goal. If you fail to set a deadline your focus on reaching this goal may not be achieved. So remember, give yourself a deadline to achieve this goal.

Third, set your standards high. Reach for the sky. Believe you can do it; it’s all in your hands.

This is an example of writing down the goal you want to achieve:

By the date (allow seven days from the start of writing down your goal) I will have a job.

Points to remember: write down your goal; give yourself a deadline; and set your standards high.

Now you have focused on the one goal to achieve and have written it down, it is now your commitment to employ strategies to achieve this goal.

Strategies are a step by step process of ideas to lead you forward to achieve your goal.

An example of strategies for unemployed – get a job.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK CLICK ON THIS LINK:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
mzawf
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter