• View topic - Pat Ritter. Books
Login

  • Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books


An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
    Message

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am

Would you believe I dreamt about this book last night. In my dreams the story unfolded of working with Detective Superintendent Emerson and visiting the home of the missing child's mother. I mentioned it in yesterday's section.

I couldn't believe it - am I going mad? Not likely, when I've been engrossed in other things in my life, I have dreamed about the issues and came up with a solution. Over the past couple of days my decision making process has been at odds with where to go to from here (Chapter 4).

This dream made up my mind. I can't wait to write Chapter 4 today and over the weekend to see where the story leads. You would be aware by now I don't make a plan for my writing. I write to see where it goes and what happens to the characters. I try to be logical and uppermost in my mind to keep it factual. Many times I've written actual cases I've personally investigated and in hindsight knew the outcome.

So let's see where this one is going. Thank you all for your continued interest. I enjoy bringing you my latest writings and share my thoughts.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I have a confession to make. Yesterday I didn't write chapter 4 as I promised I would and I feel guilty. There is no excuse. Instead I mowed the lawn and lucky I did because after the rain we've had, the grass was longer than usual - instead of cut 2 on the mower I needed to cut 3 and go over it again at 2. This afternoon if it doesn't rain I've got the second half to do.

Anyway it must have been an omen to mow because last night my dreams took me on a different trail. You may think I'm going off the deep end sharing these dreams with you but honestly I have no control of them. They're great dreams and I feel alive.

Writing the story is easier than I've done before with other novels. Anyway, I've always been intrigued about DNA. When I was a detective DNA was only seen in the movies. All we had to go by was hair particles; saliva; fluids and blood, if we'd had DNA well - it would've been a different story.

I've always been fasincated with DNA and would love to research the field more deeply but at this stage would love to study the connection if DNA has a behaviour (habit) pattern connected to it. I don't know about you but as an investigator it would've been great to know the DNA of a person to identify similiar habits formed from relatives.

Anyway, that's enough for today. I've got to finish chapter 4 today. My mind is made up.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby brillo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I read somewhere :scratch That if you cut the tails of mice and then the off spring of those mice and then the off spring and kept doing it for a hundred years the DNA still wouldn't have changed for the offspring to be born without tails. :scratch If one considered circumcision on humans over hundreds and hundreds of years. Never heard of a case about male baby being born without a foreskin.

For this message the author brillo has received thanks: 4
dub, jakenetillak, Nevis, steveizy
User avatar
brillo
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:13 pm
Location: Box Hill
Has thanked: 185 times
Have thanks: 155 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby Nevis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 pm

I think he means behavioural habits. Like the old itchy feet syndrome. The wanderlust. :-D

For this message the author Nevis has received thanks: 3
dub, jakenetillak, steveizy
User avatar
Nevis
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 557
Images: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:19 am
Has thanked: 1613 times
Have thanks: 690 times
Highscores: 20

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby steveizy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:47 pm

patritter wrote:... Anyway, I've always been intrigued about DNA. When I was a detective DNA was only seen in the movies. All we had to go by was hair particles; saliva; fluids and blood, if we'd had DNA well - it would've been a different story.

I've always been fasincated with DNA and would love to research the field more deeply but at this stage would love to study the connection if DNA has a behaviour (habit) pattern connected to it. I don't know about you but as an investigator it would've been great to know the DNA of a person to identify similiar habits formed from relatives. ...



I feel that if the links you'd like to find do exist in any way within the DNA data, they would be tenuous and arguable - only useful to pre-judge an individual unjustly.

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
steveizy
Support
Support
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Have thanks: 483 times
Highscores: 2

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 pm

I love your comments and thank you for replying. Sorry to disappoint but this is an idea which came from my mind, not scientifically proven. Although I've often wondered about DNA and Behaviour connection. For instance, my sister's habits reflect similar habits as did my aunt's habits. Either person didn't know one another yet I could see how similar they looked, lived and acted.

This is a story folks - I'm making it up as I go along. Nothing in it is scientifically proven and as a storyteller I've used terms, like DNA to highlight the story. In the story so far we have a missing twelve year old lad who goes missing eight years before Bundy Quicksilver comes on board to help find why he didn't arrive at his grandmother's home. As a former detective and now a writer of fiction-crime novels I draw on my previous skills and knowledge to piece together a story for my readers to enjoy. I wish at all times is to keep my readers intrigued and for them to turn the next page.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and keep it coming. :thanks

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 3
dub, jakenetillak, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:19 pm

You'd be pleased to know I'm half way through chapter 4. Incidently I completed the other half of the lawn. On with the story.

Chapter 4 takes Bundy and Kate to a new level of friendship and trust. On their journey to visit Mrs Clayton, mother of the missing child, Peter, Bundy invites Kate to pick him up at his home in the Mary Valley.

When she arrives astonishment overtakes her with the sight of the lavish surroundings. Miniature horses, 34 inches in height takes her fancy most different colours and shapes. She thinks it's another world.

Bundy invites her to have coffee on the front veranda overlooking the paddocks and horses grazing. Their conversation moves onto his wife who died of cancer eight years before. Bundy shares his story of grief, sorrow and loss and best of all 'getting on with his life'.

Before leaving he shares with her the home he'd built and photographs on the wall. One photograph takes her attention.

That's as far as I got yesterday. More today.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby steveizy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm

patritter wrote:I love your comments and thank you for replying. Sorry to disappoint but this is an idea which came from my mind, not scientifically proven. Although I've often wondered about DNA and Behaviour connection. For instance, my sister's habits reflect similar habits as did my aunt's habits. Either person didn't know one another yet I could see how similar they looked, lived and acted.

This is a story folks - I'm making it up as I go along. Nothing in it is scientifically proven and as a storyteller I've used terms, like DNA to highlight the story. In the story so far we have a missing twelve year old lad who goes missing eight years before Bundy Quicksilver comes on board to help find why he didn't arrive at his grandmother's home. As a former detective and now a writer of fiction-crime novels I draw on my previous skills and knowledge to piece together a story for my readers to enjoy. I wish at all times is to keep my readers intrigued and for them to turn the next page.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and keep it coming. :thanks


This is all well and good and we have all observed traits in others that might well be to do with DNA.

But, If I am going to enjoy a piece of fiction then that work must be credible in all respects. Something that relies on non-science quickly loses my interest and becomes science fiction, or worse - is just bunkum.

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
steveizy
Support
Support
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Have thanks: 483 times
Highscores: 2

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Sorry about that. There could be some scientific evidence somewhere but unfortunately I haven't any knowledge of it. Or perhaps it could be something in the future - who knows. I chose evidence from my personal experiences from life and this evidence is factual. To prove the scientific side of these facts is unknown to me. I am a storyteller and this is a story. Hope this explains my theory of the storyline. :thanks

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Kate can't believe where Bundy lives and after a cup-of-coffee they leave to visit Mrs Clayton. Before arriving at her home they re-visit the crime scene where Kate points out important things to Bundy.

Bundy's instincts goes into overdrive. How would a twelve year old child go missing from a small township where everyone looked out for each other and no one saw anything or anyone. It was a mystery. Bundy wanted to get to the bottom of how the lad went missing if it took to his dying day. He now understood why Detective Superintendent Emerson worked tirelessly on the case for the past eight years.

One important point Bundy discovered was the automatic ticket machine didn't have a record of a sale for a ticket from this railway station to two stations up the line on the day the lad went missing. Why!

Had the lad not caught the train or if he did - had he not purchased a ticket? These questions had to be answered. Evidence from the computer at the Transport Department showed a regular ticket being purchased every second day from this railway station to two stops up the line. This was regular for the lad to travel by train to visit his grandmother. Not on this particular day he went missing.

Wait until tomorrow to find out what happens next.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter



cron