• View topic - Pat Ritter. Books
Login

  • Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books


An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
    Message

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Mar 14, 2026 3:34 pm

'Brilliant - OMR - Stories'

Man Hunt

In 1954 my family moved to live in Roma, a western town on the edge of the Darling Downs. We lived in a half-a-house, which now is commonly called a duplex.
At the time I was six years old and everything in my life was exciting. My parents worked and together with my sibling sisters we enjoyed our life.
I remember one night after my father returned home from his work, he spoke of a ‘man hunt’ in the town. This story suddenly took my interest.
I didn’t know what a ‘man hunt’ was only the fact my father held an empty large beer bottle in his right hand and proclaimed he would place the bottle beneath his pillow and sleep with it. If the man was to enter our small dwelling he would defend the family with the empty beer bottle.
Being a child of six years old, my mind took on all types of imagined scenes of a man breaking into my humble home, threatening our family, and good old dad standing up to him holding an empty beer bottle.
In those days I slept on a small single bed in my parent’s bedroom, in a corner near to the door. I couldn’t sleep for fear of being accosted by this man who was subject to the ‘man hunt’.
Obviously throughout the night I must have fallen asleep at some stage because in the morning I awoke with my father depositing the empty beer bottle into the trash can.
He’d heard on the local news the ‘man hunt’ was over and the police had apprehended the wanted man. I never found out why he was wanted by the police.
This memory has remained with me for the remainder of my life. I suppose when I think about the course of action my father did at the time, his intentions were to protect his family if the man entered our humble home.
Fear can put the wind up most of us at any one time or another. I know as a child of six years old, visions of being accosted by this man, certainly put the wind up me to feel fear. I didn’t know what the man would have done if he’d entered our home, or if my father would’ve accosted him with the empty beer bottle.
It was a relief to our family to learn the police had apprehended the man wanted for the ‘man hunt’ and Roma returned to a sleepy country town as it was known.
Word count: 426
free download One Minute Reads @ http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/270499

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Apr 02, 2026 4:40 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories'
The Day I Cooked The Books
During the late 1970’s in Australia many businesses adopted a system to reduce paying their taxes to the Commonwealth. This system ‘Bottom Of The Harbour Scheme’. I’ll share a story of my knowledge to this scheme.
Around this time, I worked part-time for a trucking business at Dalby on the outskirts of the Darling Downs. My role repair field bins. Another of my tasks to answer the telephone, record the messages for the owner to read on his return to the office. This being a part-time job I worked one full day a week.
Many times, I became the only person in the office to answer the telephone, record messages. One occasion a telephone call from another business person down the road wanted to contact the Boss about something important. No mobile telephones in those days. My only chance to hold onto the messages until the Boss returned.
When he returned I immediately told him about his messages including the emergency to contact his business friend. ‘I’ll phone him later. I want to thank you for taking care of business in my absence. Anytime you want a fulltime job.’ My Boss told me.
This being a second job, I couldn’t leave my permanent position. I thanked him for his offer declined under the circumstances. Before I left he wanted to speak to me about something important.
‘These telephone calls you’ve been receiving in my absence is from so-and-so down the road.’ His machinery business sold more farm machinery than any other business on the Darling Downs.
‘Yes.’ I explained.
‘He’s got me tied up in a scheme called ‘Bottom Of The Harbour Scheme’. Great idea he came up with to reduce tax paid to the Commonwealth.’ The Boss explained, taking me into his confidence.
‘Yes.’ Blank look on my face appeared not to understand.
‘Thought I’d share with you. Saved me thousands of dollars last year. I purchased another house down the Gold Coast.’ My mind exploded with visions of this other house.
‘Wow! How does this scheme work?’ My interest obviously showed to think I may be interested.
‘We place our money into movie deals. Claim the money as a tax deduction.’ He explained.
The penny never dropped. ‘How do you make money?’ I queried.
‘We don’t. Whatever money we invest, the money is a tax deduction at the end of the year. Hence the name ‘Bottom Of The Harbour Scheme’’.
‘Excuse my ignorance. How do you make money from investing into movie deals when they don’t make money?’ I queried.
‘The day I cooked the books to show how much money we invest. No movie has made any money at this stage. Deduction for loss returns to us at the end of the year through our tax returns.’ The Boss explained everything.
‘Sorry, I don’t understand. All I do understand is you cooked the books. I don’t understand what these words mean. Hope you’re never caught.’ I finished my employment immediately with this Boss.

Word count: 506
... free download OMR stories HERE: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Apr 22, 2026 3:33 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories' -

The Virgin Father

My mind passes back to a trip my partner and I went on many years ago, ‘Stars, Spars, Outback Tour’. Instead of staying in motel accommodation, we camped on outback sheep and cattle stations.
Shortly after turning twenty-one years old I worked on a sheep and cattle property in far south-west Queensland. This latest adventure became different to anything I ever experienced before.
Country people are always friendly greeting us with warm country hospitality.
First property we stayed overnight ‘Nardoo Station’ north of Cunnamulla in south-west Queensland. Not long after arrival our host took us on a tour of the property to familiarise us with this great country.
I’d seen most of this type of country a hundred times over, particularly, mulga scrub, open plains, Mitchell grass, until we came across a nest of Emu eggs in a clearing. Our guide stopped the bus for all to decamp and inspect this wonderland of animal instinct. All my travelling through this country, I never witnessed this sight before.
Five large emu eggs in a nest with a giant male Emu standing nearby. ‘Let me explain to you about the Emu.’
The guide started to inform us all. ‘These eggs were laid by the female Emu, she left her nest. The male Emu sits on these eggs for six weeks until the chicks are born.’ I needed to close my mouth before flies entered.
‘A Virgin Father.’ These words I spoke aloud.
‘What do you mean, A Virgin Father’? The guide asked me.
‘Simple, the female Emu lays the eggs. The male Emu takes over making him ‘The Virgin Father’. I said in astonishment. This thought entered my mind when the male Emu stood near the eggs.
‘How do you work out he’s ‘A Virgin Father’? The guide questioned me. Obvious she’d become intrigued with my answer.
‘Okay, I realise they conceived the eggs before laying them. ‘The Virgin Father’ is unique because probably he is the first male I’ve ever seen to sit on eggs to produce his chicks. I’ve never witnessed a man pregnant.
Have you?’ I explained in a manner-of-speaking.
‘When you explain how this happened in the way you have done. Yes, I agree,
‘The Virgin Father’ is a male Emu. I’ll need to keep this in mind to tell other guests.’ Our guide answered with a frown on her face.
‘You’re clever to point out this point.’ My partner whispered in my ear.
‘Don’t worry. I only thought of ‘The Virgin Father’ after the guide told us about the male Emu sitting on the eggs. I’m not clever.’ I finished with a smile spread across my face.
‘I think you’re clever.’ My partner replied holding my hand in hers. ‘You are my Virgin Father’.
‘I’m too old to be sitting on your eggs.’ I smiled.
Word count: 474
...download OMR stories 'one minute read' for free here :-D : https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon May 04, 2026 4:07 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories'

Open Day

Many memorable events happen in our lifetime. One event stood out more than most of the others. Open Day at University. This became a huge time in my life. Thirty-eight years old I became a mature student attending university with fellow students half my age.
After leaving school aged fifteen years, study or college wasn’t on my agenda. Although I attended TAFE College for five years through my apprenticeship as a fitter and turner, my desire to study became non-existent.
At twenty-one years of age I joined Queensland Police Service to begin my career as a police officer. Each promotion I studied internally to pass until finally I reached the rank of Sergeant First Class. Further education in the police, particularly attending university became an independent choice for a police officer who intended to rise in the ranks.
Completing an Associate Diploma of Management at TAFE I wanted to learn more about management. I enrolled in University of Southern Queensland at Toowoomba to be an external student. This period became the beginning of external students before on-line courses on the internet.
Before first term commenced I attended Open Day at the university to acquaint myself with what I needed to do. Management studies were the buzz word at the time. I travelled from Redcliffe to Toowoomba with my wife and family to show them what I was getting myself into. What a shock!
Lucky a few other mature aged students enrolled in the course. Being my first personal experience of attending university, this far out-weighed attending TAFE. My family and I walked through the halls of education trying to understand a road map to where I needed to go.
Eventually we arrived at the right place. Strangers in a strange land. I tried to be confident; this didn’t work. Gritting my teeth, I powered through the continual paper work reading as much information as possible. This became too much for my brain. My brain became bruised from taking in so much information all at once.
If I couldn’t cope with the Open Day, how would I cope with studies and the courses?
By the end of this Open Day I became exhausted, wanting to stop and not study. Standing beside me at the enrolment table I started up a conversation with a fellow student similar age to myself. I listened to his story of hardships he endured by studying the past two years to finish grade 11 and 12. His inspiration encouraged me to think about my future.
This Open Day I will never forget. By the end of six years, constant study I must admit I finally received my Batchelor of Business Management Degree to major in Human Resource Management. From this Open Day to my final day of university showed me anything about myself. I’m proud to admit I have done almost everything within my power to achieve my ambitions.
If this Open Day event hadn’t happened, more so, if I didn’t meet a fellow student who motivated me toward my goals I sometimes think how I ever survived. I did!
Word count: 519
for more visit https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Jun 07, 2026 2:42 pm

Greatest OMR Stories'

The Family Plot

Technology provides us with instant information. I have cousins living in America who I’ve never met only on Facebook. One of these cousins established ‘The Ritter Family’ Group on Facebook. Since this happened many of the Ritter family have posted photographs, stories, information to be read only by members of this group.
Fascinating to view photographs of my grandmother’s grandmother dating back to early 1800. Other photographs with description of Ritter relatives also posted by different family members. The Family Plot started back in 1800’s in Prussia. My family in those times left their home country. Seven brothers, descendants of the Ritter family.
Four brothers migrated to America whilst three took up residents in Australia. My great, great Grandfather, Nicholas Ritter, started at Goulburn in New South Wales. My Grandfather, Peter Ritter, left his family at Goulburn travelled to Cunnamulla around 1880.
Immediate Ritter family originated from this time in Cunnamulla. Grandfather Peter Ritter meet and married Daisy Sharpe, also a resident of Cunnamulla. Together they raised eleven children. My father being a twin and second eldest. Ritter family left Cunnamulla around 1935 settling in Spring Hill, Brisbane.
On my mother’s side of the family, my grandmother, born in Cunnamulla in 1903. Her father, Joe Ryan, a shearer, instigated ‘The Great Shearers Strike in 1891’ in Cunnamulla in the hope of gaining improved working conditions for the shearers. The strike failed. My great Grandmother lost her life whilst giving birth to the youngest in the family. My grandmother ten years old at the time.
With the death of his wife my great Grandfather, Joe Ryan, gave his four daughters away ‘like a litter of pups’ to the townsfolk in Cunnamulla. My grandmother never found her youngest sister Nellie, taken by relatives.
My grandmother taken in by the owner of the drapery store who was harsh and cruel.
At fourteen my grandmother left Cunnamulla to work on a sheep property as a house maid. She returned to Cunnamulla four years later. At this time, World War 1 ended, she met my grandfather. Soon married to have a family of seven daughters. My mother being the second eldest.
Both families were close. Around 1935 both families left Cunnamulla to settle in Brisbane. Ritter family settling in Spring Hill whilst my mother’s family lived at Ascot. Shortly after World War 11 my parents married.
A year later I was born.
The Family Plot has given me total respect for the hardships each family endured from their early days beginning at Goulburn until the time I remember the many visits to my grandmother’s home in Spring Hill. Such great memories. With the introduction of Facebook, I can travel back in time to witness the various photographs, stories especially of my ancestor’s history which go deep into the past.
Hope you have enjoyed reading ‘The Family Plot’ as much I must collect the information and write the story.
Word count: 492
... download OMR Stories 4 free @
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Jun 25, 2026 2:30 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories'
Back Soon With Fish

The year 1975. Married with one child. Our first holiday. Booked into accommodation at Coolangatta. Decided to take our daughter for a walk in the stroller around Greenmount. When we returned to our motel discovered purse lost during walk. Had all our holiday money plus keys to motel. Devastation because in those times banks opened only Monday until Friday. This being Saturday no money until Monday morning after the bank opened.
Anxiety flooded my mind plus body. Retraced pathway where walked couldn't locate missing purse. Reported loss to Police. What should I do? After returning to motel unit I said to my wife. 'Back soon with fish', I muttered leaving my family at the motel. Being a male, I decided to catch a fish for dinner. Later I returned with no fish. Honestly, I didn't have any other ideas.
Hoping for a miracle a knock on the door. Who would be here at this time of night? We paid for the unit. Flashed through my mind. Opening the door two rough looking characters stood at the doorway holding in front of them our purse. 'We found this. Thought we'd return your purse.' He handed me the purse.
In shock I muttered, 'thank you.' Took the purse from them. All the money still in the purse. Nothing missing.
One said, 'cool man.' Both left.
Relief flooded my body sharing this good news with my wife. I hadn't rewarded these fellows for their honesty. Running from the unit hoping to find these two good Samaritans, they'd vanished. I couldn't believe the honesty of these two-young people who returned our purse. Human nature at its best.
My wife 'laughed. 'Why are you 'laughing?' I asked puzzled.
'Back soon with fish'. She 'laughed louder. 'What were you going to do hope a fish jumped on your hook. You're hopeless at fishing.' She continued 'laughing.
'How else was I going to feed you until Monday?' I thought about her question. Started belly 'laughing with her. I'd never caught a fish in my life.
Although this vacation happened more than forty-two years ago this incident remained in my mind sparking feelings of anxiety when we lost our purse. Trying to catch a fish became a nightmare, because even if I caught a fish, I had no idea of clearing the fish plus we didn't have facilities in the unit to cook. So, when I told my wife 'back soon with fish' my mind totally fixed on caring for my family.
I've never forgotten those two young men who returned our purse, particularly, finding all our money still in the purse. Five hundred dollars a large amount in those times. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them after I left the unit, searched everywhere to give them a reward for their honesty.
My only hope to have them realise how fortunate we were to have them find our purse plus return the purse to us at the unit. Each time I visit Coolangatta since this time my mind flashes to the same motel recreating the visit from two young honest men. Also, my words to my wife, 'back soon with fish'.

Word count: 532
free download 'Greatest OMR Stories' https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Jul 07, 2026 2:56 pm

'The Drover' - Page 10:

Chapter 2

Early the following morning they reached a property named Carpet Springs.
‘How did Carpet Springs get its name - Dad?’ Harry asked when they stopped for morning tea.
‘I’m not certain, only by the lay of the land you can see the grass is like a carpet; and I suppose there must be a spring nearby.’ His father commented.
Whether it was right or wrong Harry believed his father because he learned more from older people who experienced life and knew they were right. He couldn’t still believe he’d met the ghost of the Eulo Queen but would keep the sighting to himself.
Harry would rather use the wagonette than pack horses. With pack horses, each morning he’d saddle them, laden with huge packs on their backs filled with camp gear, lead them by the horse he rode.
By using a wagonette the camp gear was loaded onto the wagonette and five horses harnessed to draw it. It was easier to cross creeks when the horses pulled the wagonette down the creek bank through high water, and up the other side to higher ground...
for more... : https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/95766

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Aug 20, 2026 3:55 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories'
The Last Thing On My Mind

The last thing on my mind before I go to sleep at night is words to write for Pomona Writers Group topic. Ideas float through my mind imagining the story to share with my fellow writers. Like for instance a book I read recently. Messages from the book repeated in my mind. A great story of boy meets girl under harsh conditions; girl falls in love with boy.
Nothing new with this story of romance. Father of girl tries in vain to stop both from becoming a couple until girl is involved in an accident. Boy saves girl. All is forgiven by father. Boy and girl live happily ever after. Typical of romance novel.
Ready to read on my kindle e-reader are fifty books. Daily or whenever I have an opportunity I read as often as possible. Some novels are deleted after the first page. Others, which are few, I read from start to finish; like the story I’ve told you. I read as many stories from different authors as I can. My reason because when I’m reading a story I place myself into the seat of the author.
The last thing on my mind is to criticise the author, although, I must admit I falter when glaring mistakes, such as spelling, punctuation, grammar. I can’t do anything about these errors only ensure I don’t make similar errors to my readers. Writing a book is tough work. Takes heaps of guts, patience, and a huge amount of self-discipline to complete the task.
If I have a good book to read nothing better than to seep into the words, devour them the author has written. I love when the story has taken over my mind in such a way I can’t put the book down. For instance, each evening I look forward to the daily news on television. If I have a book which over-rides this daily practice, I can’t put the book down until the news is finished, this is the type of story I want to read.
To become a competent author, one needs to read as much as they write. Behind this fable lies truth of an author. My journey to become an author has taken many, many years from writing in long-hand on a foolscap ruled paper to now directly type the story onto a computer. Practice, practice and more practice to become an author takes self-confidence to another level.
The last thing on my mind after I complete a novel is to ask myself if I enjoyed writing this story for my enjoyment plus the enjoyment of the reader. If my answer is ‘yes’; I’m satisfied. Daily I test the waters to determine if my stories are accepted by my readers by posting a page from a book I’ve written and published onto a group on Facebook for over nine and half thousand members to read daily. This is my barometer to measure if my readers enjoy the story I’ve written.
After posting this page onto Facebook I receive from ten to twenty comments plus ‘likes’ daily from members on this group. Comments amuse me when the member asked, ‘what’s going to happen next?’ I’ve been posting this page daily onto Facebook over eight years. I am truly amazed by the number of members who comment daily plus the extra numbers who join the group.
The last thing on my mind with my writing to improve each time I write a story, novel or a message.
Word count: 590
for more with pat ritter visit: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Sep 02, 2026 3:18 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories' -

That's Not Funny

Advertised on channel seven is a programme 'Little Big Shots' soon to be shown about young children performing unbelievable acts in front of an audience. Jacob Jorgensen compares this show. In one scene, he is speaking with a male child who makes a comment causing the audience to 'laugh. Without hesitation, the child turns to the audience says, ‘that’s not funny’. My ribs hurt from 'laughing.
What caused me to indulge in this fit of 'laughter? Obviously, the manner how the child delivered the words ‘that’s not funny’ to the audience with such innocence not understanding what he said would cause others to 'laugh with him. What caused me to 'laugh so much to cause my ribs to ache from these words? Again, I think the words spoken by the child showed such innocence, straight facial features, clearly not understanding his expression.
Come to think about my actions I do apologise for 'laughing because I should’ve shown more restraint to not poke fun at another person, especially a young child who showed his innocence. Why do we do these things.
When I think back to the incident; the child’s action and words ‘that’s not funny’ still causes a stir in my stomach to make my ribs ache. Human nature I suppose. I don’t really have an answer only my ignorance.
These words wouldn’t have been written into the script. You wouldn’t think for the child to say them after looking at the audience. Natural talent shown by the young child. His reply innocent probable not realising what he said or how he said these words would’ve had such an impact on the audience as well as myself.
'Laughter is great for our soul. If we 'laugh more than cry our minds fill with joy instead of sadness, our lives would improve. I have a friend who is a 'laugh instructor. Susan travels the country conducting 'laughter session with companies for their employees.
When she started this programme a decade ago she approached me with the idea to become a 'laugh instructor Mentor. At the time, I thought she needed treatment.
She proved me wrong.
On a Sunday afternoon at Coolum Beach Susan perform a 'laughter session. I didn’t participate.
Others whom performed this session followed Susan’s instructions, 'laughing, 'laughing with more 'laughter. How proud to have these people 'laugh from the bottom of their stomach to throw back their heads in 'laughter.
Susan’s success with her passion motivated me to work harder at my writing. If Susan’s success mirrored my writing, my success would follow. Since first meeting Susan helping her with the business of 'laughter she has succeeded to be one of the best in the business on 'laughter.
She is in demand for her services.
That’s not funny because if Susan can make others 'laugh plus the actions of this small child on the up and coming television show, I can put aside my inhabitations to 'laugh with them.

Word count: 496
... download OMR Stories 4 free @: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/766429.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
Nevis
User avatar
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Brooloo - Queensland - Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2044 times

~:-) Pat Ritter. Books

Postby mzawf » Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:41 pm

'Greatest OMR Stories

Don't Stop Me Now

When Noel gave us this topic, my mind went directly to a song Elvis Presley sang 'Don't Stop Me Now.' Elvis's voice echoed in my mind listening to the words.
Or I might be wrong about the title. May have been 'Don't Leave Me Now.' Anyway, whatever the song title Elvis Presley sang the song.
Growing up in the 50's Elvis Presley became 'King Of Rock & Roll'. I remember aged eight-year-old my mother taking me to the movie theatre at Roma for the movie 'Love Me Tender'.
Being his first movie left an impression on an eight-year-old when he sang the title of the movie to his mother. If only I could've possessed a similar voice to Elvis to sing the same song to my mother.
Venturing into my teenage years Elvis Presley created more 'Rock & Roll' music plus acted in the many movies. Elvis never gave up instead changed his act to include a more mature kind of music. After acting in over thirty-six movies Elvis loved touring especially playing Las Vegas International Hotel.
His marriage to Pricilla Presley became the highlight of Elvis's life until the arrival of his only child Lisa Maree Presley, became the apple of his eye. Life went along smooth for Elvis until his desire to entertain his fans took over his life. His love of music grew wide throughout the world placing him 'King Of Rock & Roll'.
Unfortunately, his life with Pricilla ended in divorce. His music never stopped with nightly shows at Las Vegas International Hotel for his audience to enjoy. These shows kept Elvis alive until 1977 when he collapsed and passed away at his home in Graceland’s.
'Don't Leave Me Now' echoed throughout the many radio stations across the world. Fans gathered, most crying to witness the passing of an American Icon.
No one believed Elvis was dead. Many have tried to swing their hips, sing songs like Elvis, no one can replace the 'King Of Rock & Roll'.
This year marks forty years since the death of Elvis Presley. Many sightings have been reported across the world. Elvis Presley is dead.
His music never died with him. Even after forty years from his death Elvis's music lives on in the soul of his fans.
How can one individual after forty years since he left this world live on in his music.
His music should be 'Don't Stop Me Now' which Elvis Presley has proven to the world he continues to sit on his throne as 'King Of Rock & Roll'.
Word count: 435

... free download one minute read greatest stories Click on...Image
mzawf
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 7:31 pm
Has thanked: 849 times
Have thanks: 691 times

Previous

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter