Login

• Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
:read ENJOY READING THE PAGE PER DAY

• Author
Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby brillo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I read somewhere :scratch That if you cut the tails of mice and then the off spring of those mice and then the off spring and kept doing it for a hundred years the DNA still wouldn't have changed for the offspring to be born without tails. :scratch If one considered circumcision on humans over hundreds and hundreds of years. Never heard of a case about male baby being born without a foreskin.

For this message the author brillo has received thanks: 4
dub, jakenetillak, Nevis, steveizy
brillo
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 155 times

Advertisement

Postby Nevis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 pm

I think he means behavioural habits. Like the old itchy feet syndrome. The wanderlust. :-D

For this message the author Nevis has received thanks: 3
dub, jakenetillak, steveizy
Nevis
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 683 times
Highscores: 20

Postby steveizy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:47 pm

patritter wrote:... Anyway, I've always been intrigued about DNA. When I was a detective DNA was only seen in the movies. All we had to go by was hair particles; saliva; fluids and blood, if we'd had DNA well - it would've been a different story.

I've always been fasincated with DNA and would love to research the field more deeply but at this stage would love to study the connection if DNA has a behaviour (habit) pattern connected to it. I don't know about you but as an investigator it would've been great to know the DNA of a person to identify similiar habits formed from relatives. ...

I feel that if the links you'd like to find do exist in any way within the DNA data, they would be tenuous and arguable - only useful to pre-judge an individual unjustly.

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 pm

I love your comments and thank you for replying. Sorry to disappoint but this is an idea which came from my mind, not scientifically proven. Although I've often wondered about DNA and Behaviour connection. For instance, my sister's habits reflect similar habits as did my aunt's habits. Either person didn't know one another yet I could see how similar they looked, lived and acted.

This is a story folks - I'm making it up as I go along. Nothing in it is scientifically proven and as a storyteller I've used terms, like DNA to highlight the story. In the story so far we have a missing twelve year old lad who goes missing eight years before Bundy Quicksilver comes on board to help find why he didn't arrive at his grandmother's home. As a former detective and now a writer of fiction-crime novels I draw on my previous skills and knowledge to piece together a story for my readers to enjoy. I wish at all times is to keep my readers intrigued and for them to turn the next page.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and keep it coming. :thanks

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 3
dub, jakenetillak, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 1891 times

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:19 pm

You'd be pleased to know I'm half way through chapter 4. Incidently I completed the other half of the lawn. On with the story.

Chapter 4 takes Bundy and Kate to a new level of friendship and trust. On their journey to visit Mrs Clayton, mother of the missing child, Peter, Bundy invites Kate to pick him up at his home in the Mary Valley.

When she arrives astonishment overtakes her with the sight of the lavish surroundings. Miniature horses, 34 inches in height takes her fancy most different colours and shapes. She thinks it's another world.

Bundy invites her to have coffee on the front veranda overlooking the paddocks and horses grazing. Their conversation moves onto his wife who died of cancer eight years before. Bundy shares his story of grief, sorrow and loss and best of all 'getting on with his life'.

Before leaving he shares with her the home he'd built and photographs on the wall. One photograph takes her attention.

That's as far as I got yesterday. More today.

TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK
Pat Ritter Books then click.... PRB

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby steveizy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm

patritter wrote:I love your comments and thank you for replying. Sorry to disappoint but this is an idea which came from my mind, not scientifically proven. Although I've often wondered about DNA and Behaviour connection. For instance, my sister's habits reflect similar habits as did my aunt's habits. Either person didn't know one another yet I could see how similar they looked, lived and acted.

This is a story folks - I'm making it up as I go along. Nothing in it is scientifically proven and as a storyteller I've used terms, like DNA to highlight the story. In the story so far we have a missing twelve year old lad who goes missing eight years before Bundy Quicksilver comes on board to help find why he didn't arrive at his grandmother's home. As a former detective and now a writer of fiction-crime novels I draw on my previous skills and knowledge to piece together a story for my readers to enjoy. I wish at all times is to keep my readers intrigued and for them to turn the next page.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and keep it coming. :thanks

This is all well and good and we have all observed traits in others that might well be to do with DNA.

But, If I am going to enjoy a piece of fiction then that work must be credible in all respects. Something that relies on non-science quickly loses my interest and becomes science fiction, or worse - is just bunkum.

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Sorry about that. There could be some scientific evidence somewhere but unfortunately I haven't any knowledge of it. Or perhaps it could be something in the future - who knows. I chose evidence from my personal experiences from life and this evidence is factual. To prove the scientific side of these facts is unknown to me. I am a storyteller and this is a story. Hope this explains my theory of the storyline. :thanks

TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK
Pat Ritter Books then click.... PRB

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter