mzawf.org • View topic - “I might have dementia-but I’m still a human being”
Login

• Advertisement

“I might have dementia-but I’m still a human being”

This forum gives you the opportunity to share your experiences with others.
Make the ordinary extra ordinary...join the forum now
Forum rules
This forum welcomes contributions from you if you have something to share about your everyday experience, it might be something about your job or it might be about an ambition or a particular experience that stands out as a challenge, achievement, disappointment!
  • Author

Postby ArthurBrown » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:57 pm

My dad’s discharge from is NHS re-hab bed is next week. I am rejoicing for him, as for the first time since his accident he will be in his familiar environment. He has been lost and sad for the past few weeks and I feared he might die. He has had a long and fulfilling life and he will die soon enough and I am glad now for him that he will be cared for in a way that he deserves with dignity and respect. He might have dementia but still a human being. Whatever happens now will happen but at least he will be able to relax in the privacy of his old home, where for fifty years he has lived his life.

But I’m certain that it’s a bad thing for Private Care companies to be offered frail post-surgical dementia patients on a platter-Lets live now eh-Happy Easter.

For this message the author ArthurBrown has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
ArthurBrown

Have thanks: 39 times

Advertisement

Return to >>>A day in a life !