Join mzawf :-)
  • Author
Chinese Astrology

Postby The Shamen » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Chinese Astrology
Fire Horse.png
artwork by luma
Fire Horse.png (22.32 KiB) Viewed 5898 times

Welcome to the introduction on Chinese astrology. Chinese Astrology is based upon observations made by Chinese people over the course of some 33 centuries.

In Chinese astrology there are 12 animals. The rat, the ox, the tiger, the rabbit, the dragon, the snake, the horse, the goat, the monkey, the rooster, the dog, and the pig or boar. Each animal has certain characteristics, for example, the rat, who is first in the order got to be first because it is shrewd and fast at taking advantage, whereas the pig or boar came last because it is less interested in competition.

There is a 60 year cycle of animals, which is then repeated. There are elements that are important to understanding Chinese astrology too. There are five elements: water, metal, wood, fire, and earth. Each animal sign has an associated element and the elements colour the characteristics of the animal. There is a 60 year cycle because each animal has its turn of association with each of the five elements.

People have more than one animal.

• There is a year of birth animal, which is associated with what you present to others and what others perceive of you. Then there is the inner animal, which is determined by the month of birth. December = rat, January= ox, and so on. The inner animal determines a persons drives and motivations in life. Then there is a secret animal, which is a secret because it is made from the hour of a persons birth. This secret animal is an important animal to know as it determines the essence of a person and in a way is their true animal. You can work out your secret animal if you break the 24 hour clock into 2 hour segments as follows:
• 23:00 - 01:00: 子 rat
• 01:00 - 03:00: 丑 ox
• 03:00 - 05:00: 寅 tiger
• 05:00 - 07:00: 卯 rabbit
• 07:00 - 09:00: 辰 dragon
• 09:00 - 11:00: 巳 snake
• 11:00 - 13:00: 午 horse
• 13:00 - 15:00: 未 sheep
• 15:00 - 17:00: 申 monkey
• 17:00 - 19:00: 酉 rooster
• 19:00 - 21:00: 戌 dog
• 21:00 - 23:00: 亥 pig
There is even an animal and element that affects you for the actual day of your birth, but not many people get to know their day of birth animal (although with research on the internet you may get lucky..).

Ok, something about the different animals. There is a lot of information available on the internet, so research more broadly and you will be surprised how fitting the information is. …uncannily so.

The rat. Interested in money. Good at coping with things. Talkative, and a shrewd survivor. Playful.
The ox. Pragmatic. Sensible. Works hard.
The tiger. Humanitarian. Passionate. Sympathetic. Caring. Protector. Savage
The rabbit. Quiet. Avoids conflict. concerned with aesthetics and how things look around them.
The dragon. Powerful. Outspoken. Dramatic. Leader. Upstanding.
The snake. Often attractive. Materialistic. Philosophical.
The horse. Athletic. Physical. Natural. Hard worker. Talkative and sociable.
The goat. Artistic. creative. dreamy.
The monkey. The persuader. Clever. Difficulty sleeping due to its active mind.
The rooster. Showy. Strutting. Outspoken. Observant.
The dog. Loyal. Humanitarian. Sharp tongue. Critical.
The pig or boar. Natural. Wise. Likes to party.

Each animal has its good and its bad parts. ….Good luck researching.

Also, of note: each animal is either a ying or yang. Ying is a more feminine and quiet energy, whereas yang is more masculine and more loud and dominant The rat starts off with a yang and then it alternates through the rest of the twelve.

Chinese astrology is a good way of making sense of yourself and those around you. Although it makes no rational sense, it is always true in my experience and I have correctly predicted the different animals of the last 6 people I have spoken to about it! Chinese astrology can be misused if you take it to be fatalistic. In this life we have the opportunity and capacity to evolve ourselves and better ourselves and nothing is set in stone.

Wikepedia is a good source as is book titled, ‘simple Chinese astrology’ by Damien Sharpe (available on Amazon). Both sources will offer more detailed information than detailed here regarding your animals and the details of your birth year. I was born in 1979 and so I am an earth goat. Actually, I should give a brief break down of the elements before I leave because that is very important.
:
Earth-objective, natural. Conservative in so far they don’t like taking too many chances.
Metal-concerned with structure in their life’s and so more materialistic and pragmatic.
Wood. Possess high moral standards. Self confident. Generous and sympathetic
Water. Fluid. Penetrate rather than dominate like a river or a stream. Able to get past obstacles. And good communicators. Often creative thinkers.
Fire. Passionate. Fiery. Ambition. Forceful. Inspirational. Can be selfish and inconsiderate.

Whatever animals’ you are influenced by we are all special, and Chinese astrology can help you to reflect upon this and grow as people and as citizens of the world.

Thanks and good luck to you all,

Steven Townsend.

You can use the following to work out your outer year of birth animal as long as you are born in one of the years it lists :
Begin End Heaven Element Sign
1960 Feb 4 1961 Jun 3 金 Metal 庚 鼠 Rat
1961 Feb 4 1962 Jun 3 金 Metal 辛 牛 Ox
1962 Feb 4 1963 Jun 3 水 Water 虎 Tiger
1963 Feb 4 1964 Jun 3 水 Water 兔 Rabbit
1964 Feb 4 1965 Jun 3 木 Wood 龍 Dragon
1965 Feb 4 1966 Jun 3 木 Wood 蛇 Snake
1966 Feb 4 1967 Jun 3 火 Fire 馬 Horse
1967 Feb 4 1968 Jun 3 火 Fire 羊 Sheep
1968 Feb 4 1969 Jun 3 土 Earth 猴 Monkey
1969 Feb 4 1970 Jun 3 土 Earth 雞 Rooster
1970 Feb 4 1971 Jun 3 金 Metal 狗 Dog
1971 Feb 4 1972 Jun 3 金 Metal 豬 Pig
1972 Feb 4 1973 Jun 3 水 Water 鼠 Rat
1973 Feb 4 1974 Jun 3 水 Water 牛 Ox
1974 Feb 4 1975 Jun 3 木 Wood 虎 Tiger
1975 Feb 4 1976 Jun 3 木 Wood 兔 Rabbit
1976 Feb 4 1977 Jun 3 火 Fire 龍 Dragon
1977 Feb 4 1978 Jun 3 火 Fire 蛇 Snake
1978 Feb 4 1979 Jun 3 土 Earth 馬 Horse
1979 Feb 4 1980 Jun 3 土 Earth 羊 Sheep
1980 Feb 4 1981 Jun 3 金 Metal 猴 Monkey
1981 Feb 4 1982 Jun 3 金 Metal 雞 Rooster
1982 Feb 4 1983 Jun 3 水 Water 狗 Dog
1983 Feb 4 1984 Jun 3 水 Water 豬 Pig
1984 Feb 4 1985 Jun 3 木 Wood 鼠 Rat
1985 Feb 4 1986 Jun 3 木 Wood 牛 Ox
1986 Feb 4 1987 Jun 3 火 Fire 虎 Tiger
1973 Feb 4 1974 Jun 3 水 Water 牛 Ox
1974 Feb 4 1975 Jun 3 木 Wood 虎 Tiger
1975 Feb 4 1976 Jun 3 木 Wood 兔 Rabbit
1976 Feb 4 1977 Jun 3 火 Fire 龍 Dragon
1977 Feb 4 1978 Jun 3 火 Fire 蛇 Snake
1978 Feb 4 1979 Jun 3 土 Earth 馬 Horse
1979 Feb 4 1980 Jun 3 土 Earth 羊 Sheep
1980 Feb 4 1981 Jun 3 金 Metal 猴 Monkey
1981 Feb 4 1982 Jun 3 金 Metal 雞 Rooster
1982 Feb 4 1983 Jun 3 水 Water 狗 Dog
1983 Feb 4 1984 Jun 3 水 Water 豬 Pig
1984 Feb 4 1985 Jun 3 木 Wood 鼠 Rat
1985 Feb 4 1986 Jun 3 木 Wood 牛 Ox
1986 Feb 4 1987 Jun 3 火 Fire 虎 Tiger
1987 Feb 4 1988 Jun 3 火 Fire 兔 Rabbit
1988 Feb 4 1989 Jun 3 土 Earth 龍 Dragon

1989 Feb 4 1990 Jun 3 土 Earth 蛇 Snake
1990 Feb 4 1991 Jun 3 金 Metal 馬 Horse
1991 Feb 4 1992 Jun 3 金 Metal 羊 Sheep
1992 Feb 4 1993 Jun 3 水 Water 猴 Monkey
1993 Feb 4 1994 Jun 3 水 Water 雞 Rooster
1994 Feb 4 1995 Jun 3 木 Wood 狗 Dog
1995 Feb 4 1996 Jun 3 木 Wood 豬 Pig
1996 Feb 4 1997 Jun 3 火 Fire 鼠 Rat
1997 Feb 4 1998 Jun 3 火 Fire 牛 Ox
1998 Feb 4 1999 Jun 3 土 Earth 虎 Tiger
1999 Feb 4 2000 Jun 3 土 Earth 兔 Rabbit
2000 Feb 4 2001 Jun 3 金 Metal 龍 Dragon
2001 Feb 4 2002 Jun 3 金 Metal 蛇 Snake
2002 Feb 4 2003 Jun 3 水 Water 馬 Horse
2003 Feb 4 2004 Jun 3 水 Water 羊 Sheep
2004 Feb 4 2005 Jun 3 木 Wood 猴 Monkey
2005 Feb 4 2006 Jun 3 木 Wood 雞 Rooster
2006 Feb 4 2007 Jun 3 火 Fire 狗 Dog
2007 Feb 4 2008 Jun 3 火 Fire 豬 Pig
2008 Feb 4 2009 Jun 3 土 Earth 鼠 Rat
2009 Feb 4 2010 Jun 3 土 Earth 牛 Ox
2010 Feb 4 2011 Jun 3 金 Metal 虎 Tiger

For this message the author The Shamen has received thanks: 5
dub, giai, mzbro, Nevis, steveizy
The Shamen
Support
Support

Have thanks: 22 times

Advertisement

Re: Chinese Astrology

Postby Nevis » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I love this :duke :thunbsup
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Micks footage Nikon, Chinese New year 2014 031.JPG

For this message the author Nevis has received thanks: 3
dub, giai, The Shamen
Nevis
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 683 times
Highscores: 20

How will you fare in the year of the HORSE?

Postby The Shamen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:39 pm

The Chinese lunar calendar first introduced in 2037 B.C.
A compete cycle takes sixty years and is made up of five smaller cycles of 12 years each.
The 78th cycle started on 02 February 1984 and will end on February 05 2044
According to legend, the Lord Buddha summoned all the animals to come to him before he departed from Earth and, only twelve came to bid him farewell.
As a reward he named a year after each one in the order that they arrived.
First to arrive was the Rat, then the Ox, the Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Boar.
The twelve animals we have today.
The animal ruling the year in which you were born exercises an influence on your life. As the Chinese say
“This is the animal that hides in your Heart”
This year is governed by the influences of the Horse, and begins on Friday the 31st January 2014

How the animal influencing your birth fairs in the year of the Horse?
Horse.png
Artwork by luma
Horse.png (72.33 KiB) Viewed 5898 times

I am the Rat a self proclaimed acquisitor, I am a link yet I function as a complete unit. Life is one joyous journey for me…
As that each search must end with a new quest. I am progress, and exploration and insight. I am the womb of activity!

Tough and difficult times are abound for the Rat person.
It’s wise for the rat to pursue a mindset of being both conservative in assessments of business and or in making serious important commitments. As the Horse may influence him to entertain, waste money, and become embroiled in legal stuff. The rat may run into debt or be unable to get monies due. Affairs of the heart may not turn out as envisaged in the year of the Horse.

Famous people born in the year of the Rat
Donna Summer, Cameron Diaz, Kelly Osborne, Mata Hari
Prince Charles, Charlotte Bronte, Mozart. William Shakespeare.

Mine is a stabilizing force - I am the Ox, perpetuating energy in the cycle of life.
I stand immobile against the test of adversity
I seek to serve integrity, and to bear the burden of righteousness.
Patiently pushing the wheel of fate, thus I shall weave my own destiny.

An unsettled year for the Ox! Unhappy love or financial affairs beset the Ox person, with possible financial setbacks.
Extra care is needed and to avoid accidents (Accidents don’t just happen..THEY ARE CAUSED!). Illness can cause unexpected delays, resulting in the Ox being unable to fulfill commitments.
The darkest clouds should have passed by early autumn, and a time to regenerate and of reflection in preparation for 2015 the year of the Sheep / Ram

Famous people born in the year of the Ox
Walt Disney, Margret Thatcher, Vincent van Gogh, Lily Allen,
Kiera Knightley, George Clooney, Jack Nicholson, Kate Beckinsale.

I am the Tiger, a paradox of delight, brave and stubborn
The entire world is my stage I set new trails ablaze; I seek the unattainable and try the untried. I dance to life’s music in gay abandon. Come with me on my carousel of rides and see the myriad of colours and flickering lights. All hail the Tiger me the unparalleled performer.

A very good and a happy year for the Tiger individual.
Things will go smoothly for the Tiger. Promotion and recognition are in store. It will be an easy time to make money, and the Tiger will likely have a surplus of funds and will be able to save or receive additional income as a result. There will be celebrations as good news is received at home.

Famous people born in the year of the Tiger
Beethoven, Marilyn Monroe, Princess Anne, Groucho Marx.
Emily Bronte, Sheryl Crow, Tom Cruise, Emily Dickinson, Buddy Holly.

I am the Rabbit;
I am in tune with the pulse of the universe, in my quite and solitude I hear the melodies of the soul, and float above commonplace dissent and decay. I subdue by my ability to conform. I colour my world in delicate pastel hues.
I epitomize harmony and inner peace.

A good year is in store for the Rabbit person, Luck and good fortune will arise from meeting influential and helpful people who will be happy to offer assistance to benefit and aid the Rabbits progress. The Rabbit will not experience any upheaval or poor health this year and thus be able recoup any previous losses.
The Rabbit individual will find much travelling and or entertaining will be necessary. The Rabbit is one of the luckiest of the twelve Chinese animal signs, representing long life and tranquility.

Famous people born in the year of the Rabbit
Albert Einstein, Queen Victoria, Orson Wells, Fidel Castro.
Johnny Depp, Arthur Miller, David Beckham, Tiger Emily.

I am the Dragon, I am an unquenchable fire.
The centre of energy, with a stout heroic heart.
I am truth and light and hold power and glory in my sway.
My presence disperses dark clouds.
I the Dragon have been chosen to tame the fates, and am blessed with passion, intelligence, and ambition and energy
A year of mixed uncertainty and unpleasant surprises is ahead for the Dragon sign. Some news could upset or change the dragons life temporarily. Any problems generally will resolve naturally if the dragons is not to headstrong or aggressive in working things through. An uneasy time ahead as real or imaginary worries beset the Dragon person.

Famous people born in the year of the Dragon
John Lennon, St Joan of Arc, Jimmy Connors, Ringo Starr.
Bruce Lee and Keanu Reeves to Vladimir Putin. Martin Luther King.

I am the Snake, mine is the wisdom of ages.
I hold the key to the mysteries of life, casting my seeds on fertile ground and nurture them with constancy and purpose.
My sights are fixed, my gaze unchanging.
Unyielding, inexorable and deep.
I advance with steady and an un-slackened gait the solid earth beneath me. I am considered the most intuitive, even while remaining the most private and reticent.

An energetic time for the Snake native. The Snake must refrain from being emotional and hasty if they wish for all hope and desire to be fulfilled. Unsettled problems and worries may affect health. All in all the Snake will succeed admirably this year, all troubles be temporary in there affect. People influenced by the Snake sign harness a natural wisdom and often demonstrate psychic powers.

Famous people born in the year of the Snake:
Howard Hughes, J. Paul Getty, King Hassan of Morocco, Picasso,
Darwin, Edgar Allen Poe, Abraham Lincoln, Sarah Jessica Parker.

I am the Horse
I am a Kaleidoscope of the mind; I impart light colour and perpetual motion. I think, I see I am moved by an electric fluidity.
Constant only in my inconstancy, I am unshackled by mundane holds, I run unimpeded through virgin paths.
My spirit unconquered, my soul forever free.

A good and a prosperous year for the Horse. Recognition or promotion brings satisfaction and happiness. Plans are realised without much effort and will be lucky when playing out hunches. A year in which the Horse native should not expose themselves unnecessarily to people suffering sickness, illness or contagious diseases. An individual born under the Horse symbol should avoid breaking off friendships or partnerships at this time.

Famous people born in the year of the Horse:
Neil Armstrong, Patty Hearst, Anwar Sadat, King Faisal Rembrandt, Sandra Bullock, Jackie Chan, Chopin, Davy Crocket.

I am the Sheep - Ram
I am nature’s special child.
I trust and am rewarded by trust.
Fortune smiles on my countenance. All things blossom in the gentleness of my love. I strive to find beauty in all I behold. I am fair of face and full of grace.
In general sheep natives are generous, just and kind, and easily touched by other people's misfortunes.

A smooth and tranquil year for the native born to this sign.
No large or insolvable problems at home or work ahead.
The Sheep individual can control behind the scenes and overcome all obstacles in their path. A slight illness or infection is indicated, but in general the Sheep – Ram person will prosper throughout this year. Some problem that has troubled in the past will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Famous people born in the year of the Sheep - Ram:
Jane Austen, Boris Becker, Jamie Foxx, Mel Gibson, King George VI, Franz Liszt, Michelangelo, Michael Owen, Laurence Olivier, Buster Keaton.

I am the Monkey
I am a seasoned traveler of the Labyrinth.
With genius and alacrity, a wizard of the impossible.
My brilliance is yet unmatched in its originality.
My heart is filled with potent magic that could cast a hundred spells. I am put together for my own pleasure.
Monkeys are our closest relatives in the animal kingdom.

A reasonable year for the Monkey those born to the Monkey sign.
Faced with frustrations and worries, if the Monkey native resists from rocking the boat and agrees to lower their expectations a bit all difficulties will work themselves out. A year in which to join the opposition when it becomes clear a situation cannot be won.
The Monkey native needs to be both conservative and observant to succeed.

Famous people born in the year of the Monkey.
Charles Dickens, Mick Jagger, Nelson Rockefeller, Bette Davis.
Julius Caesar, Leonardo da Vinci, Harry S. Truman, Demi Lovato.

I am the Rooster
I am on hand to herald the day and to announce its exit.
I thrive by clockwork and precision in my unending quest for perfection. All things will be restored to their rightful place.
I am the exacting taskmaster the ever watching administrator.
I seek perfect order in the world. I represent unfailing dedication.
People born in the year of the rooster are usually shrewd in public, good looking, and like to show themselves off.

A trying time for the Rooster.
The Rooster must not expect too much too soon, many obstacles to be won over this year. The Rooster native will pull through if not misguided by favourable preliminary results that could go sour later on. A time to play politics or employ diplomacy, as unwilling compromises with adversities will be necessary. The work scene is likely to be quarrelsome or unhappy.
Family fortunes are looking blessed and good news is indicated.

Famous people born in the year of the Rooster
Elton John, Peter Ustinov, Pope Paul V1, Prince Philip,
Rudyard Kipling, Caruso, Groucho Marx, Dirk Bogarde,
Barbara Taylor Bradford, Michael Caine, Eric Clapton.

I am the Dog:
The marital strains have summoned me to hear your sorrows, still your pain. I am the protector of justice, Equality-my sole friend. My vision is never blurred by cowardice, my sole never chained. Life without honour, is a life in vain, loyal, faithful and true.

A year for expansion and progress for the Dog. Promotions and real financial gains are indicated, and will be at the peak of their power and luck. Some unhappy news at home or a loss of a small belonging is indicated.
This is a time in which the Dog will have to use his mind a lot, travel and entertaining is heavily featured throughout the year.

Famous people born in the year of the Dog:
Volotaire, Charles Bronson, Cher, Zsa ZSa Gabor, Itzhak Rabin,
Madonna, George W. Bush, Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Bacon,
Judi Dench, Socrates, George Gershwin.

I am the [b]Boar[/b]
Of all God’s children I have the purest heart.
With innocence of faith I walk in Love’s protective light.
By giving myself freely I am richer and twice the best.
Bonded to all mankind by common fellowship, my good will is universal and knows no bounds.
Like the knights of old, the Boar often is highly regarded for their chivalry and pureness of heart. The Boar individual will often sacrifice their own well-being for the greater and good.

A good year for a person born under auspices of the Boar sign, by avoiding speculation or entrusting their money to newfound friends. Benefits formally withheld will now come from all directions and past problems will turn into blessings.
Fortunate and prosperous year for family and career.

Famous people born in the year of the Boar:
Alfred Hitchcock, Al Capone, Woody Allen, J D Rokefeller,
Bryan Adams, Woody Allen, Julie Andrews, Albert Schweitzer, Ernest Hemingway.

Health and Happiness

Last bumped by The Shamen on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:39 pm.

For this message the author The Shamen has received thanks: 5
dub, giai, Luma, mzawf, Nevis
The Shamen
Support
Support

Have thanks: 22 times

Return to mzawf >>>click Bulletin Board