• Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
:read ENJOY READING THE PAGE PER DAY

• Author
Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks dub - I will. Now for today's story:

Unfortunately I didn't have time to write yesterday. I know it's no excuse but circumstances beyond my control placed me in other places.

I know this has nothing to do with my novel but yesterday it was raining here and I needed to travel to Gympie in the pouring rain. When I returned home we celebrated my grandson's first birthday.

It was wonderful - on our property we have a huge shed and this housed the guests from the rain. Tay loved it as well as did all of the relatives and friends who attended.

Even because of the weather conditions people drove from places which took a couple of hours to reach our place. In all we had wonderful day to celebrate a milestone of Tay's first birthday.

Congratulations on Geoffrey and Rachael for putting on a great celebration.

Today I hope to get back on track. The story hasn't left my mind only conjures up more of the story and direction it is taking.

Pat Ritter Books then click.... PRB

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 3
dub, goodtimesdisco, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 1855 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Today I have an inspiration to write and take this story onto another level. Yesterday I wrote about Kate designing a family tree depicting the missing child as the trunk and each branch signifying each relative. Bundy wanted this done to judge the difference of each relative as compared to the missing child.

Kate completed the digital format and her telephone rang. The bones of a twelve year old male are found on a trail in a forest not far from where her missing person went missing eight years ago.

This report gave Kate a rush of blood to her brain. She told Bundy of the find and they immediately left to go to the scene. In the excitement Kate has completely forgotten the digital image she created on the computer and focused her mind on the recent find.

Wait until tomorrow to find out this latest discovery.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby dub » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 am

quote "I know it's no excuse" Pat, me ol Cobber :notworthy :-D
What better excuse than your grandsons 1st Birthday
Happy Birthday Tay :party from everybody at mzawf :cake
Posted from :arrow: :unionjack
Housed the guests in a big shed :scratch In the U.K a shed is where you keep your garden tools and stuff.
Is this an outbuilding which has been converted to residential ?

For this message the author dub has received thanks: 3
goodtimesdisco, Nevis, Rassisymayday
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Dub - I live in the country and our shed is a HUGE shed. One hundred and fifty guests can easily fit into it when we're having a party. Thanks for your interest. Now on with the story:

Today I promise to 'get on with writing this story'. I've almost completed chapter 8.

The remains of a twelve year old male has been found in a forest not far from where Peter Clayton went missing. Kate is excited to be back on the trail. This is the first piece of credible information she has received since the investigation started.

When they arrived at the scene the section is cordoned off with crime tap. Detective Inspector Larry Smiles is in charge of the discovery. Kate worked with him five years ago on the same investigation and approaches Smiles. He sees how excited she is to know something has been found.

Bundy sketches the scene in his notepad checking where everyone stands and the area of where the remains were found. His old instincts tells him this is not the remains of Peter Clayton. His reasoning for suspecting this is - something's not right.

Wait until tomorrow to find out what Bundy sees and no one else identifies.

dub, goodtimesdisco
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Yesterday I almost completed chapter 8, one hundred words to go. So far I'm pleased with the storyline and to catch-up with it so far, Bundy's instincts tells him the deceased - decomposed body they located in the forest is not the missing person Peter Clayton.

He's unaware why he thinks this way, but something is not right about the shape and position it was found. While Kate and Larry Smiles collaborate about the find Bundy stands back to survey the scene.

Flashes of similar crime scenes form in his mind. One particular one when a male person was found dead on the road as a result of a hit-and-run. In that investigation other police assisting Bundy had their theories, however, Bundy came up with the solution the motor vehicle was travelling in the opposite direction than the other police throught at the time.

He didn't know how or why he had these instincts. Wait until tomorrow when he reveals his findings to Kate.

dub, goodtimesdisco
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Kate's bubble of excitement is busted when she approached Bundy for his opinion. She can't believe what Bundy tells her. His opinion is the decomposed body is not Peter Clayton.

When she asked his reason, she is positive this body was of the missing child. Bundy suggested to ask her friend to obtain a sample of decomposed body to test with Quincy for DNA.

She relunctantly obtains a sample and hands it to Bundy. She decides to go with Bundy to have Quincy test the sample taken from the decomposed body.

What will be the result. Is Bundy wrong, or is the decomposed body actually the missing child Peter Clayton? Find out tomorrow the results of Quincy's test.

dub, goodtimesdisco
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby dub » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

:notworthy In my opinion Bundy comes across as somewhat opinionated :-D
It seems like he makes loads of assumptions, but seems never to be proved, either right, nor wrong !
Clearly Bundy has the sleuth credentials and I must have lost track of time. :-D
I have totally lost faith in Bundy's ability to solve this crime!
:-D

For this message the author dub has received thanks:
goodtimesdisco
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter