• Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
:read ENJOY READING THE PAGE PER DAY

• Author
Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:42 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

Joe returned to the kitchen took his place beside Hannah. 'These look good,' and picked up a scone and soon devoured it in one mouthful. 'Must've been hungry.' He licked his lips and smiled.
Alex finished his morning smoko and returned to his bar duties.
'You didn't need to clean up the land,' Hannah said after taking Joe's empty cup and plate. 'Do you want another scone and another cup-of-tea?' She asked.
'Yes please. They were good, I must've been hungry.' Hannah coated another scone with butter and jam and handed him a plate and a fresh cup-of-tea. He ate the scone greedily than drank his tea.
'Got no money to pay you until I go to the bank tomorrow, 'Hannah said wiping her hands on a towel.
Joe removed a twenty pound note from his pocket and handed it to Hannah, 'will this help until you go to the bank.'
'I can't take your money!' She went to return it.
'No! You'll need to pay Alex for your board and lodgings. Don't worry about paying me back and don't worry about paying me for helping you. I told your father I wanted to help build your cottage. Joe Ryan gave me this money with a lot more when I spoke with him at Barcaldine. Pay your board and lodgings to Alex for the next six months until your cottage is ready to live in.'
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497192
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 1853 times

Advertisement

Postby patritter » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:54 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

Hannah rose from her chair swung her arms around Joe's neck and this time kissed him on the lips, 'thank you Joe. If Joe, what's his name, gave you the money then I'll use it to pay our board and lodgings.' She emphasised the word our. Joe returned her kiss. If he wasn't in heaven before, the moment their lips joined he was enjoying the sweetness of heaven through the taste of her lips.
After releasing each other from their embrace, Joe said, 'I'd do anything for you Hannah. I better get back on the job and try and find a solution to moving the stove.'
Joe returned to finish clearing the land. His mind filled with the taste of the kiss they shared. Wonderful thoughts screamed in his mind of hoping Hannah liked him as much as he liked her. From the corner of his eye he saw three men approach, Alex and two others he didn't know.
'You've been busy Joe, ' Alex said, 'I've bought a couple of hefty fellows to help move the stove.' Without another word the four men positioned themselves around the huge steel stove, each taking a corner and lifted carried it to the opposite end of the land well away from where the cottage would be built.
'Thank you fellars, I'd better shout you a drink. Honestly, I didn't know how I was going to move this hunk of metal.' Joe joined his companions at the bar.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497192
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:17 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

'There you are Joe, wet your whistle with this,' Alex placed a tumbler of beer in front of him who scooped it up devoured the amber coloured fluid without touching the sides of his throat.
'That was good.' Joe licked his lips, 'sorry, I haven't introduced myself, Joe Gibson.' He shook hands with his companions who'd helped him move the stove.
'Jack Sullivan, pleased to meet you Joe, Alex told me plenty about you.' Joe introduced himself to the other person.
'What do you do Jack?' Joe asked.
'I build houses.' Jack finished his beer and asked Alex for a refill. 'Built most of the houses in Cunnamulla.' Alex placed another tumbler of beer in front of Jack.
'Hannah wants a cottage built on the land. I'll tell her about you,' Joe told Jack. 'I'd better get going, I want to finish the job before it gets too hot. Thanks for helping me.' Joe said goodbye and returned to his job of clearing the remainder of the land.
Hannah called him in for lunch, she prepared cold mutton and bread mixed with tomatoes and sugar. Seated at the table he thought, I could get used to this, a beautiful woman taking care of me, never had this before. 'Thank you Hannah, this tastes delicious.' Joe continued eating.
'We can't expect you to work on an empty stomach, can we,' her smile took Joe's breath away. 'The rate you're working, it'll be finished this afternoon.'
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

'Hope so. You given any thought to the design of your cottage?' Joe asked in between eating his lunch.
'Joe,' she raised her voice in excitement in answer to his question, her mind filled with the picture of her cottage almost beamed from her in a glow which lit up her face into a broad smile, 'it's all up here,' she pointed to her temple. 'Two bedrooms, a parlour, lounge room, a front veranda with a swing so we can sit there at night looking at the stars.' Her smile took Joe by surprise.
'Two bedrooms and a swing?' He queried.
'Yes, you'll need to stay somewhere when you're in town, why not stay with me and we'll sit on the swing on the front veranda and you can tell me all about working for Pa,' her excitement thrilled Joe because he was in her plans.
'Jack Sullivan. He helped me move the stove today. I shouted him and his companion a drink afterwards. He's built most of the houses in Cunnamulla.' Joe said excitedly.
'Tell him to start building the cottage. I'm so happy you're helping me, honestly, I couldn't do it without you. Thank you.'
Joe finished his lunch, 'I'd better get back into it, won't do itself,' and left.
Jack Sullivan agreed to build Hannah's cottage only first the land needed to be transferred into her name.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:49 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

Chapter 12

Monday morning arrived, Hannah cooked breakfast. When Joe entered, she said, 'take a seat Joe, breakfast will be ready in a minute.' She placed bacon and eggs onto a plate and put it in front of him, 'eat this before it gets cold, Alex has had his.' She prepared herself a plate of the same and sat beside him.
'I heard Mr Cummings funeral is tomorrow at ten o'clock,' Joe told Hannah in between eating.
'I hope Pa, mother and Ma come to town. I want Ma to sign over the land so I can get to work on the cottage.' She said in between eating her breakfast.
'Don't worry, they'll be here, especially since Mr Cummings worked for your father and lived with Ma.' Joe finished his breakfast.
Whilst Hannah attended school for the day Joe kept busy clearing the land. His mind focused on helping Hannah and since they kissed, his feelings for her grew stronger each moment they were separated.
'How was your day at school?' Joe asked Hannah when they were seated at the kitchen table having dinner together.
'I love those children Joe, they are such darlings. Would you believe they bought me bunches of flowers they'd picked from their gardens at home. I think some grabbed flowers from the side of the road on their way to school. Each student gave me a hug and little Simon, bless his soul, invited me to stay at his home. 'There's plenty of room Miss,' he said in front of the class.' She shared with Joe, 'and how was your day?'

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Thank you dub for your 'thanks'. I appreciate it. Here is the page for today. 'Click Go The Shears':

'I've finished clearing the block and spoke to Jack about your cottage. He's finishing off a house near the hospital and will be ready to start soon. I'm going to be his helper, cut timber, and other things he wants done. I told him I didn't want payment because I doing it for you.'
'Joe,' Hannah's eyes fixed on him, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him hard on the lips, this time more passionate than the first time. Joe returned the kiss, his mind floating somewhere in the stratosphere. He wrapped his arms around her waist.
'I like you Hannah,' he whispered in her ear after release from her kiss. 'Better wash-up these dishes,' he mumbled.
Hannah released her hold and said with dreamy eyes, 'if you want to. Wouldn't you rather do this,' she kissed him harder. Joe broke away, if he didn't, he'd lose control and wouldn't be responsible for his actions.
Joe gathered the dishes and quickly washed and wiped them. 'Would you like to go for a walk?' He asked Hannah still seated at the table starring at him.
'If you want.' She stood, 'I'll get a coat, be back soon,' and left Joe finishing his work.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:49 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

They walked hand in hand along the street to the block of land now clear and smooth. 'I want to see Joker,' Hannah said and walked to Joker's stable at the back of the block. A bright moon illuminated the block. Joker stood at his stable gate for Hannah to pat him which she usually did, 'how are you today, my boy?' She rubbed her hand across his mussel and patted him on the neck. Joker whinnied to his owner. They loved one another, their relationship between animal and human being was strong. Joe hoped Hannah would grow to love him as much as she loved her horse.
'Show me where you want to build your cottage,' Joe said taking her hand and walked toward the front of the block.
'Stand over there Joe,' she directed him to stand about twenty feet from the front of the block. 'Spread your arms wide and bring them together when your fingers are in-line with the footpath. The spot you're standing is the veranda and looking to the front will give you plenty of vision to the street.' A huge smile spread across Hannah's face.
Joe did as instructed, 'here is the spot.' He stood erect, 'grab the crowbar. I'll stick it on this spot.' Hannah picked up the crowbar and handed it to Joe who plunged it into the ground where he stood. 'We'll work from here.'
Hannah had the next day off work to attend Mr Cummings funeral. They left the hotel with Alex by their side, Joe and Hannah held hands. 'Are you two engaged?'
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter