• Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
:read ENJOY READING THE PAGE PER DAY

• Author
Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

Alex walked over to Ma wrapped his arms around her in a comforting hold, ‘let it all out Ma,’ he rubbed her back while she sobbed.
‘I’ll be right, thanks Alex. Just the shock of everything happening, I expect.’ Ma whimpered.
‘Don’t worry about anything. These clothes might fit. If not, we’ll find something else.’ Alex faced Ma with concern on his face.
Hannah and Joe walked into the kitchen, ‘Ma, you alright,’ she said when she noticed Alex holding Ma.
‘She’s worried about what’s going to happen next. You both can stay here as long as you want.’ Alex released Ma.
‘Joe and I found Joker and placed him back into his paddock. I’m afraid there’s nothing to salvage from your home. Everything is burnt to a cinder.’ Hannah explained to Ma.
‘What are we going to do Hannah?’ Ma squeaked placed her hands over her face.
‘We’re not feeling sorry for what happened. I’ll hire a sulky and take us to Pa and mother. I’m certain they’ll want you to stay there until we work out what to do.’ Hannah explained, ‘the good people of this town left us clothes to wear. I found a pair of trousers and shirt.’ Hannah paraded her clothes to Ma.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497192.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 1855 times

Advertisement

Postby patritter » Mon May 25, 2015 10:07 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

‘I think that’s a good idea. Martha will help. When do we go? Ma said and walked to the cardboard box, opened it and sifted through the clothes, holding up a dress and underwear. ‘I think this will do’.
‘After we finish breakfast I’ll go and hire a sulky and we’ll head off.’ Hannah said.
‘Do you mind if I hire the sulky and come along with you.’ Joe asked. ‘I don’t want to intrude but I want to meet your father to ask if there's any work for me,’ Joe asked.
‘If it’s not putting you out. I’m certain my parents would love to meet you. I’ll tell him to hire you. You can use Joker if you want.’ Hannah explained.
‘Then as soon as we finish breakfast, I’ll hire the sulky, harness Joker and we’ll head out to your parent’s property.’ Joe said, his face spread into a smile.
‘I’ll go and change. Alex is there a chance to bathe before I leave.’ Ma asked.
‘Most certainly, I’ll bring the tub around to your room and you can bathe in private, I’ll find some incidentals for you. I won’t be long.’ Alex left the kitchen.
‘I’d better earn my keep by washing up and clearing away the dishes.’ Hannah started gathering the used dishes to place into a wash bowl.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497192.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

‘I’ll give you a hand, I learnt how to do this whilst I was on St Helena Island’, Joe commented. He moved toward Hannah found a cloth to dry the dishes after she’d washed and placed them onto the table.
‘What was it like in prison?’ Hannah asked gazing across at Joe.
‘Why?’ He answered.
‘I’d love to hear the whole story from when I last spoke to you in the cells at Cunnamulla police station the morning I visited you. Incidentally, thank you for allowing me to take care of your horse. I named him Joker. Hope you don't mind.’ Hannah kept washing the dishes.
‘Thank you for looking after the horse. Joe told me you’d take good care of him. He's much better than the last time I saw him almost four years ago. Ah, he mentioned you own him now.’ He explained.
‘I’d rather not speak about Joe Ryan if you don’t mind.’ Hannah replied sharply. ‘What you did to take his place puts you into a higher bracket of respect than Joe Ryan will ever reach.’ She almost spat the words from her mouth.
‘We buried the hatchet a couple of months ago when we spoke at Barcaldine after the celebration of our return. He apologised for what he’d done and if he could’ve taken it back, he would have. Its water under the bridge now and all I want is to get on with my life.’ Joe explained while finished wiping the dishes.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

‘I still want to listen to your story. When you’re ready to tell me,’ Hannah gathered a broom and swept the kitchen floor.
‘You’d be surprised who I met in St Helena Island Prison.’ Joe said with a smirk on his face knowing Hannah wouldn’t guess the person's name in a million years.
‘Wouldn’t been Billy Wells by any chance.’ She looked at Joe with a smile.
‘In fact, it was. We became quite close over the time we were there. He recognised I wasn’t Joe Ryan because of the different eye colour, how about it, he told me the secret was fine with him and couldn’t understand why I took the place of another person.’
‘I understand why he asked you that particular question because honestly I couldn’t figure it out myself. I still think you are a hero and my Pa thinks the same and will give you a job, I’m certain of it.’ She finished sweeping the floor and replaced the broom, ‘we’d better find out what’s keeping Ma. One last question before we go. Are you now Joe Gibson or Joe Ryan?’
‘Joe Gibson. I've got my papers to prove it.’ He answered.
‘Good, I don’t think I could’ve referred to you as Joe Ryan.’
Hannah checked on Ma who finished her bath and almost dressed. ‘What do you think of this dress?’ Ma asked Hannah when she entered her room.
‘It suits you. Are you ready?’

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Thu May 28, 2015 10:47 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

‘Yes, before we go to your parents home could we go to the hospital to visit Mr Cummings?’ Ma asked when she placed a bonnet onto her head.

Chapter 10

Joe hired a sulky and harnessed Joker, he parked at the rear of the hotel. 'Won't be a minute Joker, I'll get the ladies', he told the horse not knowing if the horse understood him.
'Are you ready?' He asked Hannah when he entered the rear of the hotel.
'Just about, Ma is trying on a few things then we'll be ready to go,' Hannah waved Joe away. 'We'll met you outside as soon as Ma is ready. She wants to visit Mr Cummings at the hospital before we leave town.'
Joe returned to the sulky. When Ma and Hannah appeared at rear of the hotel he helped them to their seat. Hannah sat beside him. He quickly grabbed the reins and clicked Joker to head toward the hospital.
He parked at the front entrance and stepped down to help Ma and Hannah safely onto the ground, 'I'll wait here with Joker while you both visit,' he stood beside the sulky to wait.
Hannah led Ma through the front doors. The Matron seated behind a desk. She leaped to her feet to moved her large frame around the desk and rushed to Ma and placed her huge arms around her. 'Ma, I'm sorry about the fire. How are you feeling?'
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I'LL BE ABSENT UNTIL 6TH JUNE ON HOLIDAYS. CATCH UP WITH YOU ALL ON MY RETURN. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497192

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:59 pm

Thank you dub. Great to be back. Had a wonderful holiday: here is the page for today: 'Click Go The Shears':

Ma's body shook and placed her arms around the Matron, 'we're lucky to be alive, if it wasn't for Alex, honestly, we would not have survived.'
'Never mind,' the Matron said patting Ma on her back. 'Do you want to visit Mr Cummings?' She asked and released Ma.
Ma nodded. 'How is he?' Her lips quivered.
'He's alive, the doctor will explain everything to you, he's about to do his rounds. You can go and see Mr Cummings. He's in the ward across the hall.'
Both ladies left the Matron and entered the ward, Mr Cummings lay on a bed fully wrapped in bandages with slits open for his eyes and mouth. He reminded Hannah of a mummy. Ma walked close to the bed, Mr Cummings head moved toward the two ladies and he tried to speak. 'I'm sorry Ma', he whispered and fell silent.
Ma didn't know what to do until she heard Hannah say, 'that's alright Mr Cummings, you get better and we'll come and see you again.' She took Ma's arm and led her from the room.
Walking along the corridor the doctor stopped them, 'Ma, Hannah. How are you both feeling? Terrible thing happened losing your home and business. Mr Cummings told me it was his fault because when he got up out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, he accidentally knocked over the lantern which smashed to the floor. He fell and bumped his head. Next he remembered being carried out of the house by Alex. Do you want me to examine you both before you leave.'
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497192

Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:14 pm

'Click Go The Shears':

'We're more concerned about Mr Cummings.' Hannah replied.
'Yes, I hope he pulls through, most of his body sustained burns.'
'I think we'll be right, thank you. We off to visit Pa and mother.' Hannah replied.
'If you need my help, call me immediately. I'm always available. I'll keep you up-to-date with Mr Cummings condition. I've got my rounds to do.' He bid the two ladies farewell to continue his rounds.
Joe helped the ladies to their seat and quickly took his seat in the sulky. Taking the reins in both hands he wanted to ask the condition of Mr Cummings but thought better of it because of the look on Ma's face. He decided to mind his own business.
They crossed the rickety old wooden bridge over the Warrego River headed west. Joe had no idea where the turn-off to Kahmoo Station but wasn't certain how far before he needed to turn. 'How far to your parents property?' Joe asked Hannah.
'About ten miles, take a couple of hours. There's a sign on your left with the name of the station.' Hannah told Joe.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter