• Advertisement

Crawley in League 1

Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author
Re: Crawley in League 1

Postby mzawf » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm

It must be both exciting and apprehensive times for the Barkersboys! A new chapter beckons
Next stop the Champions league :youreds

The Observer quotes & wrote:
The Reds announced the club was for sale at the weekend as the Reds seek new investment in a bid to reach the Championship. after the current owners decided they had taken the club as far as they could.

TheArgus quotes & wrote:
The process is under way, I have already been approached by an interested party and I am confident that we can find new investors who share the aspirations of everyone at Crawley Town and can continue the amazing journey we have been on.
“This is not a ‘fire sale.’ The current owners are still extremely committed to the club and will not be reducing their financial support until I find new ownership. In my opinion this club is an attractive proposition.”
Reds have enjoyed unprecedented success since the current board - formed of the late Bruce Winfield's widow Silpa, Susan and Ian Carter, Dave Pottinger and unnamed investors in Hong Kong

The Crawley Observer quotes & wrote:
Crawley Town chief executive Richard Low has stressed the club will only be sold to the ‘right person’.

:mz

Onto the pitch where it counts. the Devils have been holding up in the past five games following on from the draw with Yeovil back on March 12.. :punch
With ‘lightning striking twice’ Walsall only managed draw when they visited Crawley on March 16 (2-2)
Then the Railwaymen’s visit to the town on 26/03 put the Devils back on track when they took the scalp, winning by 2-0.
29 March back to the ‘even Stevens’ mode, when Stevenage held the Devils to a one all draw.
Next :angry An embarrassing 3 nil trouncing against the Shrews :cry
The less said about that, all the better.
The no score draw with the MK Dons match sees the Club holding up at 12 on the table. Lets all hope that any new investor has deep pockets !
Going all the way :youreds
The Obsever quotes & wrote:

There is no pressure or time scale, it could take a month, it could take three years,”
“The owners will only sell to the right person, who respects the history of the football club and also its ambition.
“The board are doing this for the right reasons and I trust their motivation. I do think it will be to the right person, if we cannot find the right person, I don’t think they will sell.”

:crawleyscarf :notworthy
The devils are away in Sheffield 09April the MK Dons coincidently managed a no score draw back in Mar 09 against the Blades (Sheffield United). While Stevenage trounced the Blades 4-0 - March 16, a tough match ahead :punch
:reddevils
:mz:
mzawf
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 514 times

Advertisement

The Fortunes of Crawley Town FC

Postby mzawf » Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi you :reddevils supporters following on from our last post re the fortunes of Crawley Town Football Club.
:crawleyscarf got off to a good start, 09 April when, Barkers boys took a scalp away at Sheffield (The Blades 0 Crawley 2). :scarf
:mz had the bet that Crawley would kick Oldhams backside when the team visited Boundary Park back on the 20th/04 :confused :angry :no (Oldham 2 Crawley 1).
Back to form when Crawley won against Preston (Crawley 1 Preston 0)
On too the last game off the season played against Hartlepool, and where dub n nevis kindly received a pair off freebee tickets to go & watch the match. :thunbsup (Compliments of steveizy and Carol of the Crawley Towns footballing family) :thanks :clap
Many Hartlepool supporters turned up dressed as Penguins resulting in a colony of the blighters parading about :rotfl
(NB: It’s traditional for a visiting team to don fancy dress on the last match of the season)
Hartlepool did a good job we have never met a colony of such sociable birds. :joker
On the field Crawley took the lead quite early on into the match when Proctor put Crawley ahead by converting a cross from Josh Simpson The :reddevils one up :notworthy
(The Terraces were buzzing) the buzz was short-lived though, :angry because Monkhouse headed home a left-footed pass from Luke James. 1-1. :wub
Monkhouse then bagged another goal in the 80th minute. A dark cloud descended across the South terrace.
:umbrella
Then Proctor again stepped into the breach :notworthy :notworthy scoring the equaliser for the Red Devils in the final minutes (You’re the Man!) Crawley 2 Hartlepool 2
Finishing tenth on the table it’s been a rollercoaster ride for the fortunes of Crawley Town FC :duke to the team and supporters, & a big respect :notworthy :notworthy for the Crawley Town footballing family who travelled the country cheering on, banging the drum in support for the :reddevils :applause :applause
See you all again next season :youreds
Bring it on how far will we go next season :?:
How long is a bit of string? :rotfl
:mz:

Last bumped by mzawf on Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm.

For this message the author mzawf has received thanks:
Nevis
mzawf
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 514 times

Previous

Return to CRAWLEY