• Advertisement

Crawley in League 1

Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author
Re: Crawley in League 1

Postby dub » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:13 am

Crawley Town 0, Portsmouth 3. (Sunday 9th September)

The Reds lost to Portsmouth in a shocking defeat after being reduced to 9 men, a result of some dubious refereeing decision making.
The sending off of Josh Simpson and Hope Akpan gave Pompey one serious advantage.
Portsmouth playing 11 to 9 were bound to take control of play and that's what happened !
Against adversity Crawley battled to balance this numerical advantage, but after loosing two players it was all about damage limitation.

Not wanting to sound a bad sport :innocent methinks that had this cruel twist of fate had not occurred :no :thumbsdown In the worse case senario :crawleyscarf would resulted a no score draw at the final whistle.

It's again another example of how unpredictable prediction making is :rotfl a bad decision by the match official :angry can send things belly up
It;s just a blip 4 The Barkers Boys... next up :clap :clap
PRESTON v CRAWLEY TOWN (away npower League Sat 15 Sep 12, 15:00)
Preston held a nil nil draw against Scunthorpe earliar this year and the :reddevils trounced The Iron 3 -0 back in August, :punch :punch
:scarf :scarf :scarf COME ON YOU REDS! :scarf :scarf :scarf
:mz:

For this message the author dub has received thanks: 2
RagReshyPag, steveizy
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

Advertisement

Postby steveizy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:23 pm

dub wrote:Crawley Town 0, Portsmouth 3. (Sunday 9th September)

The Reds lost to Portsmouth in a shocking defeat after being reduced to 9 men, a result of some dubious refereeing decision making.
The sending off of Josh Simpson and Hope Akpan gave Pompey one serious advantage.
Portsmouth playing 11 to 9 were bound to take control of play and that's what happened !
Against adversity Crawley battled to balance this numerical advantage, but after loosing two players it was all about damage limitation.

Not wanting to sound a bad sport :innocent methinks that had this cruel twist of fate had not occurred :no :thumbsdown In the worse case senario :crawleyscarf would resulted a no score draw at the final whistle.

It's again another example of how unpredictable prediction making is :rotfl a bad decision by the match official :angry can send things belly up
It;s just a blip 4 The Barkers Boys... next up :clap :clap
PRESTON v CRAWLEY TOWN (away npower League Sat 15 Sep 12, 15:00)
Preston held a nil nil draw against Scunthorpe earliar this year and the :reddevils trounced The Iron 3 -0 back in August, :punch :punch
:mz:

I was going to report this match but thanks to Dub, I will not need to now!

Dreadful game, awful referee just about sums it up... The Reds did not look good before the sendings-off but once they happened we'd had it :thumbsdown

Hopefully just a blip - one that we can learn from. Two players suspended over their dismissals won't help us. No appeal possible as not straight reds but two yellows.

Onwards and upwards... Off to Preston North End on Saturday - I'm going of course, hoping for a revival though this is going to be tough, very tough. I'd bite your hand off if you offered me a draw and a point from this today! Whatever the result, it will be a good day out to a new ground :scarf

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Postby steveizy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:29 am

Preston North End 1 Crawley Town 2

Due to another matter, I was unable to go to the match in the end despite having a ticket. It seems that the Reds did quite well without me!

I listened to the live commentary on the Reds Player instead. The first half saw Preston start quite brightly but it wasn't long before Crawley got into the match, pressing Preston back into their half for long periods. The first half ended goalless.

The second half started with Crawley in the driving seat again. In the 54th minute, Gary Alexander headed home a cross from Nicky Adams from short range :applause 0-1 Four minutes later it was Alexander again when he let one go from distance, beating their keeper :applause By all accounts this was a world class goal. 0-2. Crawley came close once or twice more but it was Preston who got one back in the 91st minute 1-2 and with five minutes added time the last minutes were tense, to say the least. Full time eventually 1-2. What a difference six days made... last week the disappointment of losing so badly to Portsmouth at home to this week when we took the points from an iconic team that were unbeaten in their previous five matches.

This result sees the Reds in fourth place in League 1 with other big and famous teams below us. Of course, the season is still young and anything can happen in football as we all know but what a position to be in especially after losses to Swindon and Pompey!

Next up is our journey to Colchester on Tuesday evening, again I have match and travel tickets and I'm really hoping that I will be able to go. Colchester are currently sitting at the bottom of the table, having only three points from their six games whilst Crawley have twelve points from six. Colchester will have something to prove and will be up for this match but if we can play like we did yesterday, we should beat them. If only it were that simple...

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks:
dub
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby dub » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:45 pm

steveizy wrote:Preston North End 1 Crawley Town 2

Due to another matter, I was unable to go to the match in the end despite having a ticket. It seems that the Reds did quite well without me!

I listened to the live commentary on the Reds Player instead. The first half saw Preston start quite brightly but it wasn't long before Crawley got into the match, pressing Preston back into their half for long periods. The first half ended goalless.

The second half started with Crawley in the driving seat again. In the 54th minute, Gary Alexander headed home a cross from Nicky Adams from short range :applause 0-1 Four minutes later it was Alexander again when he let one go from distance, beating their keeper :applause By all accounts this was a world class goal. 0-2. Crawley came close once or twice more but it was Preston who got one back in the 91st minute 1-2 and with five minutes added time the last minutes were tense, to say the least. Full time eventually 1-2. What a difference six days made... last week the disappointment of losing so badly to Portsmouth at home to this week when we took the points from an iconic team that were unbeaten in their previous five matches.

This result sees the Reds in fourth place in League 1 with other big and famous teams below us. Of course, the season is still young and anything can happen in football as we all know but what a position to be in especially after losses to Swindon and Pompey!
:scarf :scarf

Next up is our journey to Colchester on Tuesday evening, again I have match and travel tickets and I'm really hoping that I will be able to go. Colchester are currently sitting at the bottom of the table, having only three points from their six games whilst Crawley have twelve points from six. Colchester will have something to prove and will be up for this match but if we can play like we did yesterday, we should beat them. If only it were that simple...

Thanks for the update steveizy plus sorry to learn that you couldn't attend the match..
I know that it must have been a disappointment to you.
A consolation must be the result Preston North End 1 Crawley Town 2
It seems Barkers boys have their eye back on the ball :football :clap :clap
We hope you get your wish a can make the journey to Colchester..
Hopefully another scalp for the taking :kebab Back in August Colchester pulled a 2 all draw at home against Pompey.
Plus a no score draw away to Preston 31 days ago and drew with Scunthorpe back in April of this year.
I reckon that we will win by a small margin.. The Invincibles nil
:reddevils one :thunbsup

For this message the author dub has received thanks:
steveizy
dub
Admin
Admin

Postby steveizy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Colchester United 1 Crawley Town 1

Crawley had to settle for a point in the end after a last minute penalty was awarded to Colchester and even that point is controversial.

After a first half with several chances for both teams but quite a bit in the Reds' favour the score remained 0-0. In the second half, Crawley had a few good attempts including hitting the post, before Kyle McFadzean headed home from close range in the 71st minute :applause There were immediately strong protests from Colchester that Kyle had handballed during his clash with their keeper and a defender. From where I was standing, it seemed a bit of a fudged goal but apart from that I'm saying nothing :whistling . It was allowed.

The goal spurred Crawley on a bit as they pushed hard having several good shots hitting the bar and the post before the questionable goal of ours was cancelled out when Colchester converted a penalty which, in itself, wasn't clear cut. It was against the run of play but levelled things up, so maybe we can't complain too much :angry

It ended 1-1 but not before Crawley had kept Colchester busy defending against several more Reds attacks,any of which on another day would have been goals.

It was a point, it could easily had been three from possession and chances but it keeps us fourth in the table. Quite amazing!

A valuable away point and an enjoyable game. Colchester's modern ground is impressive, with very good facilities, friendly fans and stewards and the food was well above average. Maybe the low turnout from about 2200 home fans was the only thing the evening lacked and makes our own low gates seem good in comparison.

From playing the then bottom team, next we have the current league one leaders Tranmere Rovers, who haven't lost this season, visit us on Saturday. This looks like being a good game and quite a test for our boys! I will be there!

dub
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby dub » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:11 pm

:reddevils 2 :clap Superwhites 5 :angry
The worst defeat of the season :cry After nail biting clash of the titans ! The Barker Boys at the final whistle suffered a trouncing at the hands feet :wub of Tranmere Rovers 5 goals to two.
The visitors of Prenton Park enjoyed and capitalised on :crawleyscarf and it has been reported poor defending by the :devils. A contributing factor to the outcome of this footballing fray :punch :punch
The Reds can still hold their heads high in the light of this crushing defeat as :scarf at times the forward attacks appeared formidable :punch with numerous opportunities to score falling short :football
Spectators were treated to a Goal Fest ! on the day. with loads of action, but alas the Crawley Town supporters were relegated to the bar to drown out their sorrows :cry :drink :angry :angry :drink :joker :drink :cheers :glug :rotfl :drink
The Superwhites retain top position on the table, boasting a strong pedigree and when the rovers were beating Arsenal one goal to nil (1973 League Cup tie).
Crawley town FC was still in its infancy playing at the floodlight, to a crowd of several hundred spectators.
:duke :duke to all those who built the foundations to what we see now, a force in football to be respected :notworthy
Moving on :innocent :arrow:
Next up Swansea City visit the Broadfield Stadium in the third round of the Capital One Cup.
mzawfers dub & nevis have tickets :kiss
Knock ! Knock !
Who's there ?
Eleven :reddevils :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil
You better be scared !
"This is one bird that's going get. Its wings clipped !"
dub
Admin
Admin

Postby steveizy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:43 pm

dub wrote::reddevils 2 :clap Superwhites 5 :angry
The worst defeat of the season :cry After nail biting clash of the titans ! The Barker Boys at the final whistle suffered a trouncing at the hands feet :wub of Tranmere Rovers 5 goals to two.
The visitors of Prenton Park enjoyed and capitalised on :crawleyscarf and it has been reported poor defending by the :devils. A contributing factor to the outcome of this footballing fray :punch
The Reds can still hold their heads high in the light of this crushing defeat as :scarf at times the forward attacks appeared formidable :punch with numerous opportunities to score falling short :football
Spectators were treated to a Goal Fest ! on the day. with loads of action, but alas the Crawley Town supporters were relegated to the bar to drown out their sorrows :cry :drink :angry :angry : joker: :cheers
The Superwhites retain top position on the table, boasting a strong pedigree and when the rovers were beating Arsenal one goal to nil (1973 League Cup tie).
Crawley town FC was still in its infancy playing at the Town Mead, to a crowd of several hundred spectators.
:duke :duke to all those who built the foundations to what we see now, a force in football to be respected :notworthy
Moving on :innocent :arrow:
Next up Swansea City visit the Broadfield Stadium in the third round of the Capital One Cup.
mzawfers dub & nevis have tickets :kiss
Knock ! Knock !
Who's there ?
Eleven :reddevils :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil
You better be scared !
"This is one bird that's going get. Its wings clipped !"

There's not much I can add to that and it makes any match report of mine superfluous.

dub
steveizy
Support
Support

PreviousNext

Return to CRAWLEY