• Advertisement

Crawley vs Wimbledon

Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author
Re: League Two

Postby steveizy » Wed May 09, 2012 1:52 pm

dub wrote:Hi steveizy :crawleyscarf into division one great achievement for Crawley Town and done within 2 seasons :clap How did the match play out Crawley only secured it with a one goal victory against Accrington Stanley :clap
What determines our position on the table in League one when we kick off next season ? Which I must say will be a interesting time for the :reddevils Any predictions for the next season then m8 ?
Looking forward to an footy update and any pictures you might have taken on your jaunt up to Accrington
:scarf COME ON YOU REDS! :scarf

:mexican

Fantastic result! Great weekend away with the lads and lasses and I'm still recovering...

The match was tense to say the least. The first half we were really poor with Accrington having the better chances and the feeling amongst all of us at that time was that this could end in a defeat or draw - neither of which would be enough. Craig Brewster must have given the players a bit of a rocket in the interval because we played with more purpose in the second half. Scott Neilson changed everything in the 67th minute when he drove the ball low into the corner of the net. Everyone of us 631 travelling supporters went wild :applause Then there was the tension of holding on to our fragile lead until the final whistle... we had several more chances but could not improve the score. After what seemed an eternity, the referee eventually blew for time and the customary pitch invasion began. I was over the wall and running over to the middle where we all congratulated the players and each other! Fantastic scene - my first pitch invasion. The Accrington stewards were great considering they had appealed over the tannoy for there not to be an invasion, but their pleas were ignored. They had to cover their backs, hence the appeal, otherwise risk a fine from the authorities.

After these scenes, most of the supporters from Crawley had to board the coach for the long drive back to Crawley. Not us! We were staying another night, so hung around cheering the players as they emerged. Then we were bold enough to gatecrash the hospitality suite where we were all made very welcome by the players and officials of both sides. Quite strange rubbing shoulders and sharing a pint with our heroes in the plush suite :thunbsup

After that we headed back by train to Blackpool. We had originally planned a night on the town but in the end, feeling drained from nerves and excitement, most of us elected to head back to the hotel for a less strenuous evening of drinking. The hotel owner was kept very busy at the bar until about 2:30 am. :drink Sunday morning after breakfast we left and made good progress home. We got back to the Half Moon by about 5pm where Alison had very kindly laid on a welcome buffet for us. Lots more beer was drunk :drink

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any photos at the match - my phone had locked up and eventually needed a 'hard reset' (battery removal) to get the camera part of it working again but Carol was on hand for our departure to capture this one of some of us in fancy dress (I'm Napoleon)
GHfancydress.jpg

The closest I got to the famous tower
20120504_203251a.jpg

Looking over the bay towards Barrow-in-Furness
20120505_080105.jpg

A great weekend away with friends, a fantastic finish to our season which seemed like it was going off the rails recently. It is still hard to accept that little old Crawley Town will be playing in League 1 next season - the third tier in English Football. We'll be playing some truly big clubs and it will be tough but what a prospect :scarf I think that if we can finish next season mid-table or better it will be a tremendous result. Whatever happens, from a fan's viewpoint, it will be a terrific time :scarf

:devil :devil :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf WELL DONE YOU REDS! :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf :devil :devil

:mexican :drink :sing :bounce :drink :blob10 :scarf :crawleyscarf :football :reddevils :thanks :clap

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks: 3
dub, goodtimesdisco, gooner
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Advertisement

Postby dub » Fri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks for the update steveizy :applause Particularly liked the group photo where you guys have all dressed up in costume, nice 1
It was good reading about all of the events surrounding the jaunt in Backpool and Accrington
Of course the 'cherry on the cake' is both the :reddevils journey to promotion as chronicled on :mz
also this great achievement by our boys ! Division One :crawleyscarf
A long way from those heady days when CTFC was situated next to the Floodlight Club :pimp
Hmmm, Mid table or better I feel a mzawf footy punt coming on :scratc
Happy Days !
:mz:
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

Postby gooner » Thu May 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Good News that the former Rep of Ireland player Sean o'driscoll has been appointed as manager for Crawley FC
Exciting times ahead :crawleyscarf
:football :football :reddevils
gooner
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 281 times

Come on Crawley 2012

Postby dub » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 pm

:crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf
Howza football fans :notworthy
Crawley vs Millwall friendly opening game sat 28/07, The friendly match against Three Bridges (Holders of The Champions of Sussex FL Division title + Holders of the John O;Hara Champions Cup) began on a 'knifes edge' and resulted in a 2 1 victory for Crawley :scarf The Crawley Millwall and Crawley vs Charlton matches will be a more challenging test of 'metal' :punch
Play a strong team , plus some aces :scratch then :-D a 2 1 victory :scarf :punch :yes :applause :clap and then it's history in the making :yes another league hop 4 2012
:youreds

:reddevils
:mz:
dub
Admin
Admin

Re: Come on Crawley 2012

Postby dub » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Crawley 2. Millwall 0.
Come on your Reds

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf
:reddevils
dub
Admin
Admin

Postby dub » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:44 pm

'Support staff - Strength and conditioning coach Ross Burbeary plus Paul Fearne performance analysis have now left Crawley Town Football Club' (30/07/2012).

'Director of Football Steve Coppell is currently working on identifying and securing replacements and the club will make a further announcement as soon as possible'.
(http://#ww.crawleytownfc)

So :scratch the search goes on to find a new manager to lead the :reddevils to greater things and glory ! :clap
Gareth Gates is the man for the job, make him an offer he can't refuse. :yes :thunbsup
Speculation is now linking him with Crawley, the place of his birth, but whether he will view it as the greatest opportunity in his illustrious career so far ... is unknown.
Gareth m8 'Come on down' your the 'Main man' ! Don't pass up on this opportunity to get 'On The Bus' the Championship beckons :crawleyscarf

Next up :clap a friendly home match against Charlton Athletic (01 August 19:45)
3 - 1 to Crawley :indifferent "It's going to be an exciting game 2,3,4 hang on to yer Trilbies :duke
:mz
dub
Admin
Admin

Postby dub » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Crawley 0 Charlton 1 :cry
'Crawley Town were beaten but not outclassed by Charlton Athletic in a pre-season friendly at the Broadfield Stadium' (Crawley Observer).
This friendly match went against the reds after :crawleyscarf conceded a free kick and Danny Green put it in the net for the visitors. :thumbsdown
From reports and information circulating, Crawley had several missed opportunities at scoring, and played some top football to prevent the
situation deteriorating further. :yes
On all accounts the :reddevils made the town proud in their efforts against this Championship opposition :clap :clap :clap
Craig Brewster appears to be holding the team together well and clearly we are in safe hands there!
While Gareth Southgate makes his mind up :joker
Away at Millwall on the 14th and methinks it's going be a tough match :-D ; Will lightning strike twice for Crawley ?
:mexican
COME ON YOU REDS!
:scarf :crawleyscarf :scarf :reddevils :cheers
dub
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to CRAWLEY