Founded 5th century
Borough status 1974

"I Grow and I Rejoice"
  • Author
Re: League Two

Postby steveizy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 am

Two games to report:

Bradford 1 Crawley 2 Tuesday 27 March.

I was not able to go to this match which was re-arranged after frozen weather earlier this year. Being a Tuesday night, with a return home something like 04:00 AM, it was not economical to run the independent coach. It seems I missed a spectacle, for the wrong reasons, that has resulted in world-wide coverage of the brawl after the game. I had to make do with live audio coverage from the Reds Player.

The first half saw no goals and the teams seemed balanced. Crawley took the lead in the 54th minute from a goal by Leon Clarke with a headed goal. Bradford came back in the 72nd minute when their Chris Dagnall headed home. On 76mins, Gary Alexander headed a goal that was to seal the result. 2-1 to Crawley. :clap

Then, as the players were being applauded after full time, something kicked off and a fight broke out. Not 'handbags' but a real fight. The Referee and officials were unable to stop it and it seems that the police had to intervene to restore order. After all of this, the Referee summoned three Bradford players and two Crawley players into his room and issued Red cards to those five players, Pablo Mills and Claude Davis for Crawley will now have to serve bans that might well be increased by the F.A. Just what we didn't need :no The F.A. will announce any further sanctions later. I hope that points deductions will not be part of those sanctions, it seems unlikely as the last time points were deducted was 22 years ago. What seems likely is hefty fines for both clubs and extensions to the bans already automatically imposed through the Red cards.

I have looked at all the video clips shown on news channels and the internet and whilst they seem to suggest that Bradford were the chief aggressors with us fighting back they are only clips and don't reveal what started it all. The F.A. will have more footage available, and testimony from witnesses to go on. We will have to trust their judgement on this occasion. Any appeal by either club, unless very well founded, would probably result in increased punishment. We will have to, sorry!, take this on the chin and move on.

Crawley 3 Rotherham 0 sat 24th March

For most of the first half, Crawley really didn't look very good at all. Rotherham were poor but so were we. Things started to change just before half time when Billy Clarke put us ahead :applause

There must have been a Steve Evans roasting during the break and Crawley came out firing on all cylinders! In the 51st minute Bulman was fouled in the box and a penalty was awarded. Alexander placed the penalty well 2-0 :applause

In the 68th minute, captain Pablo Mills headed home our third to put it beyond doubt :applause

Although the statistics show that Crawley dominated the match possession wise, the first half except the late goal left a lot to be desired. Still a valuable three points to help us towards the automatic promotion spots :scarf :scarf

Fingers now crossed that any further sanctions imposed by the F.A. are not too crippling for either club...

Next up is our away trip on Saturday to Burton Albion who are in 17th place. I'm booked on the coach and looking forward to the match. Hopefully the events above will not put us off playing well and getting the three points needed to stay in the race! Next at home is against Crewe on 6th April. By then our new East Stand should be erected and in use!

:crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf COME ON YOU REDS :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf

For this message the author steveizy has received thanks: 2
dub, goodtimesdisco
steveizy
Support
Support

Have thanks: 482 times
Highscores: 2

Advertisement

Postby steveizy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Burton Albion 0 Crawley Town 0

A somewhat disappointing draw after being in charge most of the match but failing to convert chances into goals, not a disaster but Crawley really didn't have the killer touch. For both halves, nothing really came from our moves although the statistics show us in control.

One point from the draw keeps us in contention for the automatic promotion spots but Crawley will have to pull something out of the bag between now and the end of the season to do this - and if yesterday is anything to go by - this is a tough challenge. Leon Clarke was missing up front with a virus that appears to be doing the rounds, just leaving Gary Alexander up front. We have Mills and Davis currently suspended after the Bradford trouble, with McFadzean now charged as well and potentially facing bans. Hopefully Leon will be back soon at least, but it is a rocky road ahead.

I went to the game at Burton and had a thoroughly enjoyable day apart from the result. We left Crawley at 8:30 and got to Castle Donnington for our buffet and drinks in the Cross Keys in good time. This is another of our regular haunts and once again Andy and Donna did us proud with a lovely buffet. Then on to Burton-on Trent for the match. The Pirelli Stadium is modern and is just a bit bigger than The Broadfield. Nice place, good fans and good stewards. My only complaint is that in probably the most famous brewing town on the map, the range of beers was very limited.That is just football clubs for you :banghead :scratc
20120331_135948.jpg
20120331_144221.jpg

After the match we stopped at nearby Overseal for award winning fish and chips at the Admiral Fish bar... absolutely wonderful huge portions and extremely good value compared to similar places down here, my one foot long haddock and 'small' chips ( I had been warned!), set me back all of £ 4.20 and it was a true feast :yum We ate on the move and after all of that, I fell asleep for the first time on a coach - only to wake up as we pulled into Oxford Services where I got a very expensive strong coffee for the remainder of the journey!

A great day out... even without our team being great is, maybe, what makes going to away matches so much fun and why I find myself waiting eagerly for the next one! Thanks to GH Coaches and the other establishments mentioned above for yesterday :thunbsup

Sorry, not much football in my report this time but we now need to turn to our next match which, hopefully, will give me something to write about next time. Friday 6th April sees us entertain Crewe Alexander at Broadfield and this is a tough, maybe our toughest, test in the run up to the end of the season. The new East Stand will be open and lots will come and give us a good crowd. We're at home, hopefully our depleted squad will seize the opportunity to do us proud and make one step further towards the promotion spots. Pressure - what pressure :devil Then on Easter Monday, up to Barnet for an equally important game and... yes, of course, I'm going :-D
:crawleyscarf :scarf :crawleyscarf COME ON YOU REDS! :crawleyscarf :scarf :crawleyscarf

dub, goodtimesdisco
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby dub » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Steveizy what is the situation now with Crawley where do you think we will finish up this season ?
Currently 8 points below the leader with a goal difference of 15 :scratch What do you reckon is going to happen?
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

Postby goodtimesdisco » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:14 am

Well dub after the weekends defeat Crawley Town 0 - Hereford 3 :confused
From what I've been reading its going right down to the wire whether :crawleyscarf get promotion to div 1 at the end of this season.
After Crewe's injury time equaliser at Torquay means promotion is still in Reds' grasp :reddevils
Third on the table now we have come on a long way in two seasons come on :crawleyscarf Division one beckons :thunbsup

For this message the author goodtimesdisco has received thanks:
dub
goodtimesdisco
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 104 times

Postby dub » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Where are you steveizy ? Your forum is almost complete ! The final push man ! Two seasons of following the :reddevils :crawleyscarf
on your blog :thunbsup
The final push steveizy and mzawf will have the full set :-D or are we going to fall at the last fence :pimp
The information I'm getting its pretty much guaranteed :crawleyscarf promotion
Am I missing something, what's the worse case scenario ? :scratch
:mz

For this message the author dub has received thanks:
goodtimesdisco
dub
Admin
Admin

Postby steveizy » Wed May 02, 2012 1:53 pm

dub wrote:Where are you steveizy ? Your forum is almost complete ! The final push man ! Two seasons of following the :reddevils :crawleyscarf
on your blog :thunbsup
The final push steveizy and mzawf will have the full set :-D or are we going to fall at the last fence :pimp
The information I'm getting its pretty much guaranteed :crawleyscarf promotion
Am I missing something, what's the worse case scenario ? :scratch
:mz

Sorry everyone, I have had very little time recently. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!

We lost badly at home to Hereford 0-3 last Saturday following an abysmal performance from the Reds but our hopes of automatic promotion were kept alive when Crewe held Torquay to a draw, otherwise it was play-offs for us :scratc Saturday we travel to Accrington Stanley for the last league match of the season and we need to win this. If we win and Torquay do not beat Hereford by at least a goal difference of seven goals then automatic promotion is ours. If we draw, then Torquay and Southend also have to draw or lose. That's how close it is at the end of the season. Accrington are mid-table and recent Crawley form suggests that this is by no means done and dusted, alas.

I'm going up on the coach with a lot of the fellow travellers from GH Coaches. We are going on Friday morning, staying in Blackpool and coming back on Sunday. If the Plymouth weekend is anything to go by, a lot of beer will be consumed by me and the lads! Automatic promotion or not, we will all be at the game, no doubt nursing hangovers, and hopefully will be the 12th man and cheer Crawley Town to victory!

Again, I apologise for the lack of service recently but rest assured I will be back on here early next week to report the game and our Lads & Lasses weekend in Sin City :o

:crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf COME ON YOU REDS! :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf :crawleyscarf

dub, goodtimesdisco
steveizy
Support
Support

Postby dub » Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 am

Hi steveizy :crawleyscarf into division one great achievement for Crawley Town and done within 2 seasons :clap How did the match play out Crawley only secured it with a one goal victory against Accrington Stanley :clap
What determines our position on the table in League one when we kick off next season ? Which I must say will be a interesting time for the :reddevils Any predictions for the next season then m8 ?
Looking forward to an footy update and any pictures you might have taken on your jaunt up to Accrington
:scarf COME ON YOU REDS! :scarf
dub
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to CRAWLEY