Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
:read ENJOY READING THE PAGE PER DAY

• Author
Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 pm

'His Life Worth Living' - Page 89:

Chapter 29
After the war I returned to Australia. We were waiting to be shipped home. I was sick and weighed about fifty-six pounds. Before we boarded the ship for our return to Australia, small boats, about six of us in each boat, took us out to the ship. The ship sailed to Darwin and onto Brisbane. I remember landing in Brisbane, people lined the streets shouting and yelling. I was in a jeep and put my hand out to wave when someone put a glass of cold beer into my hand. I don’t drink, so I handed the glass onto my mate next to me.
After being a prisoner of war I spent time in recovery. Eva lived in a flat at Coolangatta to be near me at Greenmount Convalescent Camp. She nursed me back to health. I was very weak and ill. Her love and devotion helped me to cope and to work out what I needed to do.
An opportunity arose when I was at the old boss’s farm, talking. Jack told me of his son Alan who with his mate Cecil had a farm in the Mary Valley, a pineapple farm. I had left the half-share dairy farm at Coomera. Eva was with Dorothy our eldest daughter and staying with her mother and father on the Walker farm, which I left. A Thursday, so next day I went out to the pineapple farm with Alan.
The farm itself was up in the Mary Valley with a name of Moore House Gully. Locally named Poor House Gully. The farm had a very good house, steep with red soil. A pretty place. This was the first time I had seen pineapples growing, the fruit was just beginning to show. I was fascinated. I asked many questions among mainly on how to grow pineapples.
Pineapples were easy to grow and appeared these two ‘young men’ were not overworked. Each Saturday morning they went home to their families because they played cricket in the Mary Valley team on Saturday afternoon and Sundays. They resumed work on Monday morning. I went back with Alan to his father’s farm and threw out the remark, ‘I wouldn’t mind owing a pineapple farm’ and the answer came back straight away, ‘you can buy this one’. I thought for awhile – a wife, a baby, no home for us, a nice house, furniture in storage, nothing in sight for me, no prospects for a suitable job; a little money on hand, so I asked Alan, ‘how much?’ He said, 'two thousand pounds'. I had about one thousand, eight hundred pounds or thereabouts. I was short from the start.
I first approached a chap, a successful man. I wanted six hundred pounds. He said right away ‘no’ and apologised for having to refuse me. I went into Gympie to the Commonwealth Bank and spoke with the manager. I explained I wanted to buy a pineapple farm in the Mary Valley and short six hundred pounds. He was quite firm in his refusal and said he would not dream of lending me six hundred pounds especially for a pineapple farm.
My feelings zero. Two refusals in one morning. I went out of the bank and walked down Mary Street. Alan stood with someone on the corner. ‘How did you get on?’ He called out.
‘No good, the manager just about hunted me out of the building.’I told him
The man who Alan was talking with said, ‘What is the problem?’ He was a complete stranger, so I told this complete stranger I couldn't raise six hundred pounds to buy the farm. He looked at me for a few seconds and then said, ‘let’s go inside.’ This stranger on the corner of the street turned out to be the manager of the ANZ bank.
We sat around the table and he asked me a lot of questions, the outcome of which he bought out many forms to sign. I became the owner of a farm over which a mortgage of six hundred pounds. With the farm went two horses, two slides, a mouldboard plough and a packing shed, a well on the property so we had water for the horses partly fed by galvanised tanks at the house to catch the rainwater from the roof of the house.
TO DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK: CLICK HERE: Image

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 1855 times

Advertisement

Postby patritter » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:58 pm

'His Life Worth Living' - Page 90:

No power so we made do with candles and a tilly-lamp. A Villiers engine on a block underneath the house connected with a small 12-volt generator. The house was worse. With time effort of a week of amateur bumbling, I got the engine to go. We used the power for a few hours each night but we mainly relied on the candles and tilly-light.
I soon discovered my knowledge about growing pineapples, next to nothing. I decided to go to the Queensland Primary Industries who may be able to help. I went into the office in Gympie and explained I bought a farm near Amamoor and needed help. Len, the bloke in the office asked the location of the farm. I got a map out to show him. I pointed to the place in Moore House Gully. He looked at me, a long look, and eventually told me I bought the worst pineapple farm in Queensland. I asked if someone would come out to the farm and tell me what to do.
He asked me when and how often, so I told him immediately. He kept his word and came the next day and afterwards became a constant visitor. The farm positioned mainly on the southern slope so never got full sun, which meant lots of leaves, small fruit and very slow growth. One other thing the country grew weeds. From daylight until dark I chipped weeds and they grew behind me. I harvested a matured crop in the next few months and in six months I paid off my mortgage and debt free.
The years rolled on. I was restricted to land suitable for pine growing. I found to my sorrow pines do not like clay. A nice piece of ground near the house I ploughed up and planted 5000 plants. We got heavy rain and within a week they all rotted. I think this became the lowest point in my life. I was in complete despair. I used to go down to the packing shed to be alone and wonder if I would ever get out of the hole I was in. This despondency lasted some weeks.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:12 pm

'His Life Worth Living' - Page 91:

Shortly after this time I had one of the many visits from the department and I pointed out to him almost impossible to control the weed. A few weeks later he came to the farm and asked if the department try different chemicals for the control of weeds. I told him I would be delighted because the whole farm was affecting my health. I was cranky, impatient, bad tempered and worried.
The men from the department experimented on a small piece of ground with various mixtures. Some mixtures did nothing, others burnt the pineapple leaves. Then one seemed to shrivel the weeds but required a lot of water. This mixture proved the right one.
On various places I built small shelters i.e. four posts and four sheets of galvanised iron with a forty-four gallon drum to catch the rainwater. Using a knapsack spray and mixture I was able to control the weeds when they were very young. I needed to be careful not to get the spray on the leaves and more so not to get the spray on the bare skin.
To overcome the latter I rubbed motor oil on my hands and the arms up to my elbow. I wore rubber knee boots. To control the weeds doubled or treble my plantings in the next few years. This mixture was used for the next couple of years and the department still experimented on the farm and came up with a different chemical called Karmax put out by Monsanto which sprayed on with very little damage to the plants or ‘with care’ humans and used as a control spray or pre-emergence spray the latter killed the seed soon after sending out its roots. Two years time I sent a lot of pines away. Previously the cold slope of the land meant the pines matured much slower than on a warmer slope. This meant, the fruit matured in the off seasons and I was able to send fruit to Melbourne and Sydney at a time when a shortage of pines. The pines were sour and hard but the customers bought them and I did very well financially.
Neighbours became interested. I wanted to sell the place. I put a price on the place ‘a little more than I paid for it’ and a neighbour bought the property. An incident happened here, which is worth telling. I was in the office to finalise the sale when the salesman made to deduct commission. I had never seen the man before so I refused to agree. He said he had made the sale for me. The upshot of the business was I walked out of the shop and told them the sale was off. They came after me and apologised. The sale went through.
I looked around the country with a friend who was a long time grower and eventually came to Brooloo. We dug holes over the hills in warm slopes to discover if the soil was well drained and free from clay. ‘George, if you can’t grow pines here, you can’t grow them anywhere.’ He told me.
‘George, the price is a bit high.’ We were both named George. ‘If the price is high and the farm is good you have no worry. If the price is low and the farm is no good you will pay for the rest of your life.’
I now had a farm with seventy cows, sheds, milking machines, horses and a ‘house’, that would need improvment.
Eva and I milked those cows for the next two years. I got a patch of ground ready to plant, pulled bagged and carted plants, given to me by my friend George. We both worked as never before up to eighteen hours a day, milking the cows, taking the cream down to Brooloo Railway Station for the rail motor and in between going to a farm eighteen kilometres to pull plants and bring them home and plant them in between milking.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Thank you dub. This is the page for today: 'His Life Worth Living' - Page 92:

The first patch of pineapples I planted thrived and just before harvest I sold all of the cattle except one, which had a broken leg. That night, of course we had no milk so I had to turn around and buy a milking cow.
When I set out to grow pineapples all of the machinery I had was still two horses and eighteen inch mouldboard plough. I now had a Ferguson tractor and truck, equipment and hose to pump spray for weeds.
A cyclone intervened and I was in Gympie Hospital with a broken wrist. Flooded roads stopped me to get home and I worried the pines were to be harvested. When I got home I found a lot of the town’s people were on the farm, headed by Bert, busy packing pines and getting them on the train to Brisbane to be processed by the Golden Circle Cannery. How I loved those people.
Eventually over the years I had under pineapples thirty to thirty-five acres of pines in various stages of growth newly planted to first ratoon. They were then destroyed for mulch. For the open paddock I bought and sold cattle but the pineapples kept me very busy. I employed men to help harvest the fruit and to plant tops and slips after I had ploughed and cultivated the land. I had good machinery and a good Ferguson tractor. I liked growing pines and dealing with cattle (not milking) because not only my work which gave me my main income, but also my hobby.
All the foregoing I have written, the dairying, the planting and growing made me at times grumpy and ill tempered. On looking back over the past years how Eva, not only worked hard with dairying, the house keeping and raising the children, how did she put up with me?
One day a group of men came to the house and asked me to be their Councillor on the local Shire. They had a slip of paper, which I found was a nomination paper to stand for the forthcoming election. I told them I did not have any qualifications and they made a mistake. They would not take ‘No’ for an answer. I told them to go away and get another nomination paper filled with signatures.
Fred, who was the leader said, ‘Right, we will be back.’ Later they were. I stood for Number 4 Division Councillor Widgee Shire and much to my surprise was elected for the next seven elections.
A lot of responsibility and my farm suffered from neglect. I let the pineapple part of the farm to a man on a rental of so much a year, which relieved me of a lot of the workload. I now had some leisure time and joined the local Bowls Club. I was never a very good bowls player but managed to be in a good team, which won triples and rinks and I served as the President for a term. Later became Club Patron.
Near the end of my service I was awarded many accolades one in particular, which remains close to my heart. A pleasure to have the George Burtenshaw Feature Protection Area Bellbird Habitat named in my honour for visitors and locals to have also for the preservation of ‘bellbirds’ in the area.
Among many presentations and speeches I did during my time representing the community one I remember quiet well. Presented in its entirety and gave me the greatest pleasure to present to the children. Tells the story of survival and how different our world is today with the laying down of lives during World War 11.
TO DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK: CLICK HERE: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/591980.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:23 pm

'His Life Worth Living' - Page 93:

Chapter 30

This is the speech I delivered.

The Principal & Staff of Gympie West
Boys & Girls
My Fellow Guests

I am going to a party tonight. My son-in-law’s 50th birthday and I am going to have a good time. 50 years ago he came into a world at war and we in Australia were part of that World trouble, Singapore had fallen to the Japanese with our 8th Division A.I.F. taken Prisoners of War.
I am not going to talk of the three and a half years of misery and agony of being a P.O.W. Instead my talk will be about some of the high lights and low lights of what happened to us in those years so I will take you on a journey from Sydney to the Burma Thai Border and back.
Firstly, to Malaya on the liner Queen Mary, plenty of practice in artillery and getting used to the country. Plenty of rain, disease of all kinds, and then the Japs came, forcing us from Malaya to Singapore Island. We were given a hot time and we gave them a hot time too but eventually we were forced to surrender. Imagine a city about the size of Maryborough, with two million people, shelled by guns and bombed by planes. Makes an awful mess of a city and civilians can’t fight back.
We were imprisoned in Changi. All but essential traffic ceased. All privately owned vehicles were confiscated, taken to dumps, torn apart by two trucks and the parts shipped to Japan. Hundreds of cars, of all makes in these dumps, just pulled to pieces. Imagine if all of our cars were taken from us and wrecked for the parts.
After a couple of years in Changi, I was off to Burma in F Force. You can read all about F Force in your books in the libraries. The train journey from Singapore to Ban Pong in steel rice trucks was not first class or any other class. 26 men and their gear made things a bit crowded; just as well the train stopped occasionally. The journey took four days and in that time we had five meals.
From Ban Pong to our camp at Shimo Sonkarai is 300 kilometres walking mostly at night. All gear we needed had to be carried and when we did arrive a camp had to be made in the pouring rain. We became railway workers. No bulldozers, trucks or forklifts to do the heavy work. We, the slaves, carted the earth in baskets, two men to each basket, which was dug with pick and shovel. The camp was near a rock cliff, which was blasted down and the big boulders were broken up with three kilo hammers.
I asked a Jap when the machinery was coming to crush the rock into gravel suitable for the railroad bed and he said ‘tomorrow’. Tomorrow came and the machinery came – an army of Chinese women came, slaves, the same as we were. Each day they squatted down on the ground and, with heavy hammers, broke the rock up, small enough, until suitable for the railway bed. We then had to cart the rock, two men to a basket about half a kilometre to the railway truck. And that was how the railway was built.
Bridges - small logs were carried by teams of men and big logs were moved by elephants. I might say the bridges did not last long after we left. When the railway was finished heavy engines and carriages not allowed until the foundations had set. The Japs simply put railway wheels on trucks and carted their troops to Burma that way, one truck towing a string of other trucks.
Back to Changi – first by the railway we had to build and then by boat to Singapore. We were deck cargo and water was in short supply. When the Captain of the ship sighted a rain shower he steered the ship into the rain shower. Off come our clothes and we had a good wash, and a drink.
The main Japanese work at Changi was the building of the aerodrome – a big job, but if you had enough men, no work is impossible, and like the Burma railway this was big. Enough men slaves. The Changi Airport is one of the largest in the world today.
The great day came. The Japs were defeated. Slaves one day – free the next. If this had not been so, this country would have been in the same bad way as Singapore, Malaya and other countries under Japanese rule.
This country has fought in many wars in the past and I have no doubt we will fight in many wars in the future. Wars are expensive in the loss of lives and property. Property can be recovered. Lives are lost forever. But that is the price we have to pay for freedom. 1060 Australians died as P.O.W. of the Japanese on the Burma Railway. F Force lost just half of that number. This Sports Ground is a Memorial to those and all other P.O.W. who died so that we might be free of the Japanese and any other aggressor.

The Price Of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance.

I say again – We should remember the sacrifice of all those men and women who died so that we might live in FREEDOM! Thank you boys and girls for listening to me and thank you Mr Weller for giving me this opportunity.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:24 pm

'His Life Worth Living' - Page 94:

On retiring as a Councillor with the Shire Council, Eva and I retired and moved to Noosa into a Retirement Home. We lived many wonderful years together and celebrated sixty-five years of marriage. Eva became ill and needed to be placed into a Nursing Home. Sadly she passed away one month after she turned ninety-six years of age. I wanted to include in this book the complete Eulogy presented at her service.

Eulogy

Eva Burtenshaw was born Gladys Eva Cunningham at Whiteside, North Pine in Brisbane on 11th February 1910. Eva and Joyce were twins followed by Myra, Mary and Blair. Most of Eva’s youth was spent in Gympie where she attended One Mile School. Her parents owned a shop on Apollonian Vale where she helped out. One particular teacher who taught Eva at school called at her parent’s shop one day asking for Eva to serve her. She insisted Eva serve her each time she entered the shop in a way of building Eva’s self confidence. Eva was so shy that when she served her teacher she used her fingers and toes to count the cost of the purchase until she gained the self confidence of counting in her head.
Her sister Myra went to ‘Wilgamah Station’ at Bollon as a governess, Eva went with her and worked at the station as a cook/housekeeper. She had never before made bread and the first lot was a dud, but once she understood yeast her bread baking was much better. Eva was a renowned cook right up until the last twelve months or so.
Eva returned to Gympie with her family and then proceeded to Elliott Brothers to share dairy farm on their property. She met George who was working and living with the Elliotts. The courtship began. Eva then had her own dressmaking shop at Stones Corner in Brisbane. George proposed to her and was accepted. On September four 1940 she returned to the Church where they were married, being the second couple to be married in the newly built church.
Soon after their marriage, George went to war. Eva ran a boarding house for schoolboys and at the same time worked as a dressmaker at Fred Cooks Singer Sewing Shop in Mary Street, Gympie. All during this time Eva never had any idea where George was or if he was even alive. George was taken a Prisoner Of War until the war ended that he was returned to her in 1945, a very weak and ill man.
Eva took a flat at Coolangatta to be near him at Greenmount Convalescent Camp and after that nursed him back to health. They then moved to ‘Torumbee Sheep Station’ on the Moonie River to work. In 1946 with the imminent arrival of their first child moved back to Brisbane and had a half share dairy farm at Coomera. Dorothy was born shortly afterwards. George and Eva bought a pineapple farm at Amamoor. They were at Amamoor for seven years, where Gwen, Grace and John were born.
In 1956 they sold the farm at Amamoor and bought a dairy farm at Brooloo. During the next two years George planted pineapples and then sold the dairy herd. Eva suffered with exemia from the milk of the dairy cows. George and Eva worked extremely hard and long hours during this time. Eva helped do the milking twice a day, as well as doing all the cooking, housework and caring for four young children, all with no electricity. She only had Mrs Potts irons, wood stove, tilly lamps and a treadle sewing machine. Eva made all the clothes for the children who were always very well dressed. She toiled late into the night and used to take a bowl of custard with her every night to bed for a late night snack. Eva loved sweets and would struggle through her meat and vegies just to get to dessert.
She never drove a car and walked everywhere. She had three hip replacements but this never slowed her down. She used to walk her four children and any other children in Brooloo, to Billy Lowes Crossing to swim every day during the school holidays and weekends. She also taught Sunday School in the Brooloo Hall. The CWA was one of the many organizations Eva was involved with and held many positions with the Amamoor, Imbil and Tewantin branches.
She particularly enjoyed all things to do with handicrafts and even after moving to Noosa she’d go to Carramar Retirement Village to teach the ‘old’ people handicrafts. Another of Eva’s many skills was cake icing and she did numerous weddings, 21st birthday and other special cakes including those for all of the family. In 1959 George and Eva set off on a cruise to England to visit George’s mother and family. On the return journey they were invited to sit at the Captain’s table. When Eva was asked what she would like to drink, she said, ‘Water.’ The poor shocked Captain said, ‘Water, Water, where the hell’s the water!’ Later Eva and George went on a cruise to Singapore, Bangkok and Japan. In 1988 they went with Gwen, Kevin and Melinda in a motor home tour in New Zealand.
When George became a Councillor in the Widgee Shire Council, Eva took every opportunity to go to Gympie to meet up with her friends and to do shopping. She loved being with people. In 1973 they moved from the farm house to the Brooloo School house where they lived until 1994 when they sold the property and moved to Laguna Retirement Estate. Eva made many friends and enjoyed a busy life which included church services, indoor bowls, concerts, bus trips and shopping. She enjoyed playing scrabble, doing jigsaw puzzles.
Sadly Eva’s health deteriorated and in April 2005 had to move to the Noosa Nursing Centre. Although she was unwell she continued to enjoy her life and enjoyed a great deal of pleasure on her visits back to Laguna being pushed around in her wheelchair. As her memory faded she always said in her own words, ‘I’ve got a good forgettory’. Eva dearly loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren and just lived for their company. On September 4th 2005 Eva and George celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. Eva Rest In Peace!
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:20 pm

'His Life Worth Living' - Page 95:

Chapter 31
Most of my life has been a struggle of some type. Thankfully these struggles have lessened since I’ve aged. On Thursday 13th September 2007 I attended with my family a DEDICATION OF COMMEMORATIVE PLAQUE to recognise the sacrifice and service of the members of 2/10th Australian Field Regiment 8th Division, Australian Imperial Force conducted at Australian War Memorial, Canberra. A moving ceremony and at last pleasing to have been recognised by today’s Government to dedicate a plaque to those men of the regiment who endured the brutality and deprivation of being prisoners of war of the Japanese.

George sadly passed away on 5th July 2014 aged 102 and a half. He certainly enjoyed a life worth living to survive and live to this age.

GEORGE BURTENSHAW’S EULOGY

Eulogy Delivered By George's Great Grand-daughter – Paige Schafer:

WHEN I SAID I’D DO THIS I THOUGHT GRANDAD WOULD LIVE FOREVER!

GEORGE PERCY BURTENSHAW was born in Wales on 23rd December, 1911 – the sixth of 8 children. His early life, he kept to himself. He said his older siblings left home by the time he was growing up. However George was very close to his younger sister, Lou, and they stayed in contact through their lives. He was granted a scholarship to study business subjects, which he enjoyed, but no future for himself in his homeland. He immigrated to Australia alone, setting sail on the ‘ORAMA’ on 21st July, 1928 aged 16. His early days in Australia were spent working on various farms in Kia Ora district and then for the next 10 years earned a living on banana and dairy farms as well as scrub felling and cutting cane. At one stage when in Rockhampton and not being able to find work, he bought a fixed-wheel bike and rode back to Kia Ora – a trip that took him 4 days, sleeping beside the road each night.
While living with the Elliotts at Kia Ora George met Eva who he later married in September, 1940. Earlier in 1940 with the outbreak of World War II, George enlisted in the Army and shortly after their marriage left for Singapore in the 2nd/10th Field Regiment 8th Division as Head Signaller. George was taken prisoner by the Japanese – going firstly to Changi Prison and then to work on the Burma Rail and Hellfire Pass. During this time he endured horrific conditions which haunted him for the rest of his life. His mental strength in surviving this torture certainly carried him throughout his long life. On return to Australia at the end of the war in 1945 (a very weak and ill man), Eva nursed him back to good health. He was discharged from the army in January 1946 with the doctors telling him he must not do any more hard work – but the hard work had only just begun.
After working on a sheep station at St George for a short time George & Eva moved to Coomera when Dorothy was born. In 1949 he bought his first pineapple farm at Amamoor where Gwen, Grace and John were born. Now with 4 young children to support and a farm not very productive George went looking for another property. In 1956 the Amamoor property was sold and George bought a dairy farm at Brooloo where he changed over to growing pineapples very successfully.
During this time at Brooloo George a calling within the community and in 1973 was elected as a Councillor in Widgee Shire Council where he served for 21 years. This was one of the highlights of his life. He had many interests in the community and Patron on many committees - Imbil Bowls Club, Mary Valley Show Society, Imbil Chamber of Commerce, Mary Valley Scout Group and Imbil Progress Association – just to name a few.
He was President of the Mary Valley Fish Replenishment Committee and very active in the building of the Imbil Community Swimming Pool. George participated in both indoor and outdoor bowls at Imbil and later at Tewantin.
The Burtenshaw family lived on the Brooloo property until George and Eva retired and moved to Laguna Retirement Estate at Noosaville at the end of 1994.
George lived at Laguna for 19 years, 8 of those on his own doing for himself after Eva passed.
Renae, Debbie and the staff at Laguna looked out for George all the time and nothing too much effort for them. Mind you – Renae did comment that ‘A happy George meant a happy manager!’
George became an avid reader; also loved classical music but gardening was his passion. His garden at Laguna became his absolute pride and joy.
Another pleasure travelling when he and Eva did quite a few overseas trips. Even after Eva passed away, George (aged 95) went on a trip with Grace & Brian, Dorothy & Trevor to visit his sister in the UK followed this up with a quick tour of Britain and Europe with them, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
George followed an exercise routine daily and maintained a high level of fitness throughout his life. This included walking up to 10 k’s a day in his early days at Laguna and walking around the complex twice a day in High Care. In fact when in his 70’s or 80’s he climbed Pomona Mountain because something he had always wanted to do!
George was extremely proud of all of his 4 children, 11 grand-children and numerous great-grandchildren – calling each one his ‘favourite’ when alone with them!
About 2 weeks prior to passing, George had root canal treatment and the dentist commented he was the best patient he’d ever had. He said he kept checking his breathing to make certain if he was still alive – when, in fact, he’d only fallen asleep!
After having a series of falls last Christmas and New Year, George was admitted to Greenslopes Hospital. He needed a higher level of care and entered Prescare Nursing Home at Carina. Even though his eyesight deteriorated very quickly, he was still able to go out with Grace for lunch and enjoyed quite a few other outings with her.
Following one last fall early Friday, 4th July George was admitted to Greenslopes Hospital. He never recovered. He passed away peacefully on Saturday, 5th July.

REST IN PEACE GRANDAD

Author

I’m Pat Ritter, author of this book. I hope you enjoyed reading this story of George Percy Burtenshaw. I cannot imagine how inhuman to serve as a Prisoner Of War under the Japanese. I praise George for his courage, tenacity and endurance to success in his life worth living.

If you want to know more about books, short stories, go to my website www.patritter.com.au.

Thank you.
Pat Ritter

This is the final page of this book. Hope you have enjoyed reading it. A new one tomorrow.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter