mzawf.org • View topic - Rons Rambles. Dorset, England.
Login

• Advertisement

Rons Rambles. Dorset, England.

Good Holiday Destinations!
:mz
Forum rules
Write about those good places you visited on holiday.
  • Author

Postby Ron » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 am

My Eyes Watered up, the moment I stepped out of my door, as I reached my gate tears were rolling down my cheeks, no worry I`m not a star crossed lover, just caught in a keening east wind , dry and cold, exactly what the weatherman promised last night. He also mentioned snow, no sign of that yet! Of course no frost on the cars or roofs, dry winds do not produce Jack Frost, so safe underfoot, just as well, I wanted to get a move on, loitering and staring was not the order of the day...............There were no other takers about this early morn, but the cold did not hinder the birds, they were all fully on song, and mr fox put in an startled showing as we came face to face in M.h.lane! Two days ago it was a large black cat following me down here, now a fox turning tail and scarpering!!,,,,,,,,,,,,The ducks were not in situ at the millpond, too early? too cold? who knows, I just knew I had wings on my feet out here , my days as a sprinter have suddenly revived! I shadow boxed past the Mill, music for today.....Harold Land and Quintet on a classic slab of hard bop "The Fox"" of course, or the blues opus "I ain`t superstitious, black cat just crossed my trail" it all is relevant, to a pre dawn "hoof" in this corner of frozen Wessex, so I bid you top `o the mornin` from Dorzett, love and salutations. :duke

For this message the author Ron has received thanks: 3
dub, mzawf, Nevis
Ron
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 63 times

Advertisement

Postby Ron » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Bowleaze early chill out!! Off from a warm cottage, direct into the continued blast of freezin` Russian weather, this is set to last well into next week. Out even earlier this mornin`even before the songbirds, did Plaisters and Mission Hall at a fast clip, returned by the cottage in a record time, so with loads of energy in the tank set off south!!............down the unmade road, thankfully now without puddles, and hit the Cove in no time at all! My legs were freezing by now, top half was well wrapped warm, but I must invest in some new long johns, anyway down here now, in the dark and alone, went out on the boat jetty, and looked back, let me explain Bowleaze Cove to you.......................It sounds like something out of Cornish novel of byegone days, and in yonder yore it was indeed a smugglers cove, dealing in wine brandy , applejack, and other luxury goods brought over from France, in the dead of night, but in the dead of night in the here and now, it is a bit of a jumble, Showman`s rides alongside, the strange way the River Jordan meets the sea, it spreads out over rocks, and tumbles into the sea, very odd.................there is a award winning chippy, a pub right on the beach, a rather good supermarket. an indoor swimming pool, open all year round,along with dodgem rides, ferris wheel and all the fun of the fair!! All very out of character with the other village just one mile away, but of course, the cove, only really comes to life in that brief thing called the English Summer, in the rest of the year it is a forlorn mothballed relic, waiting for it`s spring it nudge into life again! Now very frozen I get chugging through the gears, back home for a hot drink, from Dorzett to you all , with love. Top `o the morning!! :duke

dub, mzawf, Nevis
Ron
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby Ron » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 am

Daylight Express, thats me! getting lighter every mornin` still "Brass Monkeys" and I am at it all the same! leave the Glamour to it`s beauty sleep, didn`t even peep around the door!! Old friends indeed! The cloud cover was high , grey , complete, a brighter mornin` would be total daylight, how things have changed since late November, when I started these "Hoofs" although winter is coming to it`s endgame now there is still a sting in it`s tail........................The Wessex Water Van , was one of only two vehicles about, nobody as mad as me, and out on foot!! Almost all of the daffodils now blooming, The birds? not such a showing this frozen day, the struggle is on to keep warm!.................Mission Hall had me rockin` thru the narrows! Turn back the Hands of time! Tyrone Davis, came to mind!...........and Mornin` Glories , Big Joe Turner!! How about the village well it looks as grand as ever, well tended and prosperous, without much ostentation, never flash! which feels about right, back home in a real pace.................Nobody up! No suprise there the wine cellar took a hammering , not me mind, I care too much about my brains cells, not to mention my lean muscle mass!.........might see them by Midday!!!...............From Dorset in Wessex, Top of the Mornin` with love. :duke

dub, mzawf, Nevis
Ron
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby Ron » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Weird Patterns of wetness on the road, like it had rained in one area, then dry for a good few yards, then wet again, odd to say the least, do not dwell on this too long, I feel a slight improvement in the temperature, not quite freezin` now, good. Earlier today, and just one other on foot, exchanged greetings, did not venture to the top fields, still too dark, those unmade roads are just made for turning an unsuspecting ankle, something I can do without!!...................Mission Hall Lane I did in both directions, and it looks very different, in each , and a different atmosphere even, how can this be? I don`t know! Tune for this! OK let me think............."The Night is a Hunter" by Doc Pomus , best in Johhny Adams great interpretation. So on a different route home I notice that the Pollard work has taken a lot of the character and frankly the mystery out of the bottomland trees, particularly the ancient yew trees, alright I expect the long drooping branches to grow back fully but that may be a while, and I liked them as they were! I feel ok now in my left leg which gave me a slight worry, for a day or two! couldn`t do without me legs eh!! Oh and it`s Johnny Adams"" can`t be ars*d to correct it just now! What I need now is coffee then breakfast, from Dorzett in Wessex , with love , Top `o the morning, world!! :earth :duke

dub, mzawf, Nevis
Ron
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby Ron » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

The White Horse, I have been saving this one, continue up the fields, and here it is, a figure carved into the chalk escarpment, and representing a horse and rider, said to represent King George 111 , and about 200 years old, of course when you are used to seeing it almost every day it becomes commonplace, but thinking back to when I first came across this feature, on holiday in Weymouth with my parents, I was thrilled, perhaps you may be! On your first view, it is as much a feature of Osmington, as the home village, but we can view it too! As with all such features there are a cartload of stories , rumours and legends, and it is lovingly maintained by the local communities, and a would say, perhaps the best way to see it is from the Beer Garden of the Springhead Inn, on a fine summer`s evening! That is pure delight!! Eh!! .........................So now you have it, a huge chalk figure, at the Back Edge and now I tell you!! Back route down Mission Hall, and an opus! Sister Sadie in Horace Silver, in his definitive studio version!! Met Horace, a great bloke!! in Silver Street, the spring flowers are on the sales table, and looking forward to a cuppa now, bless you all, from Dorzett, with care, this one for Tigerlily :heart on her saddest memorial day.

dub, mzawf, Nevis
Ron
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby Ron » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Up a bit late this mornin` by my standards, anyway, glad to say that icy wind has dropped at last, and whilst not exactly warm, there is an improvement, noticed some frenzied activity amongst the birds this morning, mostly pigeons, and just the one pair of doves, pleased to see these , they are now rare. The ducks have an intruder, a male of a non mallard type is trying to mate with the females, a...nd it is not going down well with the "lads". Argy Bargy!! High Jinks, free to view all down at the ancient Millpond! Must look in my Collins Guide to establish the identity of the new boy!! We have a boy racer in the village, well I didn`t get a good look at the driver, but the bugger just missed me! Then he came back the other way! at breakneck speed, just does`nt `appen` by `ere,,,,,,Stopped mid village,,,,,,,,, Did the usual this mornin`M.H. Lane, noticed myself going a bit quicker today, my legs have restored themselves, and they want action!........Music in mind , Henry Red Allens version of "Feeling Good" just the ticket.When stopped I took in the full panorama of the surrounding hills, although still a grey morn, the beauty is a joy to behold, and could a village anywhere be more beautifully sited, well I expect so, but for me, this will do.............My status is changing now, just a bit, and I wonder what to do now, a slight change is ok, will explain later sometime, and for all you lady witches out there a cottage in the main street is selling willow switches at one pound a huge bundle, ideal for the broomstick , or stirring the potions! Get to it!! And I am nearly home to a nice cuppa, From Dorzett in Wessex good day . :wave

dub, mzawf, Nevis
Ron
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby Nevis » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:51 pm

Rons Rambles Dorset England
A thought for Ron Watts on his Birthday :party
:notworthy

Ron Watts FaceBook
Ron watts facebook

GOTO>>>>CLICK... & read about...
:heart Rons Rambles Dorset England
R.I.P :heart You are missed.

Read Rons Rambles :innocent

Last bumped by Nevis on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:51 pm.

For this message the author Nevis has received thanks:
dub
Nevis
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 683 times
Highscores: 20

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Favs