mzawf.org • View topic - GBL Poison or Party Drug ?
Login

• Advertisement

GBL Poison or Party Drug ?

General Stuff !
Make a Post on the Bulletin Board
click to blog >>> blog.php
Forum rules
Join mzawf :-)
  • Author
GBL Poison or Party Drug ?

Postby dub » Sat May 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I was and shocked and saddened all in the same moment, after reading an article in the Daily Mail dated May 02 2012.
It was sad to read of the tragic deaths of two young adults, a male of 24, along with a young mother of 28.
Suspicions are that the individuals met their death after ingesting a chemical solvent by the name Gamma-Butyrolactone .
In 'Clubber' speak, GBL is known as ‘coma in a bottle’. It’s a lethal poison and a killer.
Withdrawals after taking the chemical Gamma-Butyrolactone are said to be worse than that of heroin.
GBL has no taste and no smell and could easily be slipped into a drink unknowingly. (Be on your Guard).

I was shocked to read the Daily Mail headline, ‘Friends are Killed by Legal Party Drug’.
It should have read that they were killed and poisoned after taking Gamma-Butyrolactone, the base solvent used in a number of alloy wheel cleaners, super glue removers and paint strippers.
In my opinion it’s not a ‘party drug’ and should be not spoken of as one. :firey

I was also surprised to learn that the government has given it a drug C rating. A quick bit of research told me that 'surveys' report that GBL has a lower danger rating that of the swinging 60s drug, pot ( also known as grass, cannabis).
Am I missing something here? It’s not a drug but a hazardous chemical. The Daily Mail has in my opinion done more damage in labelling it as a ‘Party Drug’. Clearly, that sends out the wrong message.
My intent is not to make light of the serious issue here, but, let's say, that at some point in the future will it be okay to open the cupboard below the kitchen sink and fix yourself a couple of lines of scouring powder? Then chase it down with a windowleen top and a couple of Frish Dishwasher tablets? Will the Government then categorise these dangerous chemicals with a friendly drug status, and convenient government drug classification? :firey
Will the Daily Papers start calling them a 'Party Drug' too?

Stay Safe, Just don’t do it its pure Madness!
:mz

For this message the author dub has received thanks:
Nevis
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 409 times
Highscores: 1

Advertisement

Return to mzawf >>>click Bulletin Board